Without print drivers, printers are unable to function. Printers require drivers to complete all printing tasks. However, occasionally you could get an Epson printer error saying that the driver isn’t accessible. The root reason can be a dated OS or driver. So, what should you do?
Here is a guide to help you regarding what to do if the Epson printer driver is unavailable. If you’re experiencing the same problem, keep reading.
- Install a Windows Update
The printer driver can stop working due to an outdated operating system. Due to this, you should attempt to apply the most recent updates as soon as they become available. Not only will doing this help you address your immediate issue, it will also help you resolve hidden problems.
Here’s how to launch Windows Update:
- To launch the Start menu, click the Windows key on your keyboard.
- To launch the Settings app, click the Gear symbol on the left pane.
- Go to Update & Security > Windows Update after entering Settings.
- Select the “Check for updates” button.
- Restart the computer once Windows has finished downloading and installing all available updates.
- Restart Your PC and Epson Printer
When Epson printer drivers are not available, it may be necessary to restart the printer and the computer. Doing this resolves the issue, clearing the PCs and printers’ caches. Deactivate the PC and printer. Disconnect all of the cords and accessories connected to the two devices. After waiting a short while, combine everything and turn on the devices. Determine if this has resolved the problem before moving on to the next.
- Drivers for Epson Printers can be Updated or Reinstalled
You may notice that the Epson printer drivers are unavailable if they have gotten out-of-date. To make things go more smoothly, the manufacturer releases updates frequently. Update the Epson printer driver and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the instructions below:
- Device Manager can be chosen by right-clicking the Windows Start button.
- To pick your Epson printer, double-click the Print Queues option.
- Opt for Update Driver by doing a right-click on the Epson printer.
- Choose Search automatically for the drivers from the window’s options
If the printer drivers are still not available, reinstall the driver by following the steps below:
- To view the Print Queues area, expand Device Manager.
- Right-click the Epson printer that is giving you trouble selecting. Choose the option to uninstall the gadget.
- When you restart your computer, the newest printer drivers are automatically installed by Windows.
- Furthermore, you can choose your nation by going to the Epson support website.
- Then select your Windows operating system and enter the model number of your printer.
- Identify your printer driver by going to the download area.
- Installing it requires selecting the Download Epson Printer driver.
4. Utilize a Printer Troubleshooter
- Utilize the Start menu to access the computer’s control panel.
- Find the “Troubleshooting” option to automatically identify and address problems with your computer and associated components.
- For it to open, select the troubleshooter option.
- Then select Hardware and Sound from the menu.
- Pick “Epson printer” from the list and look it over.
- To resolve this problem, follow the provided instructions.
- Start up Your Epson Printer
Restarting your computer and Epson printer can occasionally resolve the “Epson printer driver is not available” problem. This problem is fixed one or two minutes later after a simple restart clears all the caches and cookies from your computer and printer.
We sincerely hope our advice on resolving the “epson driver is unavailable” error was helpful. You ought to be able to use your Epson printer to print again at this point.