HP manufactures some of the most efficient printing devices. Their printers are perfect for both personal and professional settings. But you can only leverage the high printing performance of these printers when you know how to set them up correctly. Setting the printer up is a considerably long process, which involves unboxing it and linking it to your computer. You can head over to 123.hp.com/setup to find the suitable HP software and driver for your printer model. All you require to do is just input the name of your HP printer. In this article, you will find out the entire setup process. You can refer to it when the need to configure your printer arises.
Steps to Use 123.hp.com/setup for Setting up Your New Printer
There are only a few simple points you must follow to install your printing device successfully. Use these steps exactly as they are described.
- Unpack your HP printer.
- Now, look at the source of power.
- You must place the device closer to the facility software so it can receive a constant electricity supply.
- Take away the cables from the box.
- Now, attach the cord to your printer and computer.
- After that, push the button on the printer, so it turns on.
- The next step is to push the cartridges into their respective slots correctly.
- Remove the residual packaging material and head to the 123.hp/setup page. Here the user must write the name of your printer and get the HP Smart software and driver.
- Install the software and drivers. They will help in the efficient and smooth running of your printer.
- Load paper into the tray so that your printer becomes ready to print.
Set up HP printer on Mac Via 123.hp.com/setup
Like Windows, you can also set up a wireless HP printer for your Mac device. Ensure that you have turned on your printer and go through these steps.
- Link your printer via a wireless router.
- Go to 123.hp/setup and download the driver of your printer.
- Once the driver downloads, double-tap it. It will commence the installation process.
- After the printer driver installs, add your printer to your Mac.
- Head to the Apple menu. Now, select ‘System Preferences.’
- Tap the ‘Printer and Scanners’ option.
- After that, tap the + sign on the left portion.
- On the subsequent screen, you will see your HP printer model.
- Choose it and tap the ‘Add’ button to finish the setup process.
Tips to Follow for Uninterrupted Printing
After you set up your HP printer, you must know how to make it print smoothly. Use these tips for glitch-free printing.
- Keep the printer head clean and free from any dust or debris.
- If, however, dust gets in between, use either the automatic or manual method to clean.
- Print using normal and draft mode. It increases the printing speed.
- Do not give excessive print commands at one go.
- Keep blank papers for printing. Other kinds of papers can cause issues.
- Don’t use your printer sparingly as it dries out the cartridges.
The page 123.hp.com/setup is very useful as it allows you to download software and drivers crucial for your printer. Moreover, using it to set up your printer is not difficult at all. But if you need more help, contact an expert HP printer technical support service.