Are you looking for an exciting and unforgettable experience? Embark on a Desert Safari Dubai adventure! With its beautiful, untouched desert landscapes and ancient Bedouin culture, Desert Safari Dubai is the perfect destination for a day of exploration. From the thrill of 4×4 dune bashing to a traditional camel ride and campfire dinner, there are countless activities to experience on this unique desert adventure.
What is a Desert Safari?
A desert safari is a popular excursion that takes you deep into the vast, sandy landscape of Dubai’s desert. It’s a thrilling experience that’s sure to take your breath away as you explore the natural wonders of the region.
The safari is typically conducted in a 4×4 vehicle, driven by an experienced and knowledgeable guide. The vehicle is specially equipped to tackle the rough terrain of the desert, giving you the opportunity to explore some of the most remote and secluded areas.
During the journey, you’ll have the opportunity to witness the stunning beauty of the desert, with its sweeping dunes, vast open spaces, and shimmering sand. You’ll also have the chance to encounter some of the unique wildlife that call the desert home, including camels, gazelles, and the Arabian Oryx.
A desert safari is an adventure that’s suitable for all ages, making it a perfect activity for families, groups, and solo travelers alike. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or a nature-lover, a desert safari is an experience that you won’t soon forget.
Types of Desert Safaris in Dubai
Dubai is renowned for its stunning desert landscapes, and there are several ways to experience them. From adrenaline-fueled dune bashing to a more serene camel ride, here are the different types of desert safaris you can embark on in Dubai.
1. Dune Bashing:
This is one of the most popular desert safari activities in Dubai. It involves riding in a 4×4 vehicle and going over the sand dunes at high speeds. This thrilling ride is not for the faint-hearted and is sure to get your heart racing.
2. Camel Riding:
Camel riding is a more serene way to experience the desert. You can enjoy the view while the camel takes you on a slow and steady journey across the sand dunes. It’s an ideal way to take in the scenery and feel the tranquility of the desert.
3. Quad Biking:
For those who prefer more independent travel, quad biking is a great way to explore the desert. It’s perfect for adrenaline junkies who love the rush of speed. You’ll be able to navigate through the dunes on your own, with nothing but the wind in your face and the roar of the quad bike engine in your ears.
If you’re a snowboarder or a surfer, sandboarding might be right up your alley. It’s essentially the same sport, but instead of riding on snow or waves, you’ll be gliding down the sand dunes on a board.
5. Night Safari:
For a truly unique desert safari experience, try a night safari. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the beauty of the desert under the stars, and with the help of a guide, you’ll be able to spot nocturnal creatures that come out after dark.
No matter which type of desert safari you choose, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience. With so many options available, you can customize your trip to suit your preferences and interests. So, are you ready to explore the beautiful desert of Dubai?
Activities on a Desert Safari
A desert safari in Dubai is not just about the thrill of driving on the dunes, but it is also about experiencing the unique culture of the UAE. Here are some activities you can enjoy during your desert safari:
1. Dune bashing: This is the most popular activity during a desert safari in Dubai. Your expert driver will take you on a thrilling ride over the sand dunes, making sharp turns and steep drops that will give you an adrenaline rush.
2. Camel riding: Camels are an integral part of Emirati culture, and a desert safari in Dubai would not be complete without a camel ride. This is a perfect opportunity to experience the Bedouin way of life.
3. Sandboarding: For those who love adventure, sandboarding is a must-try activity. This is similar to snowboarding, but instead of snow, you will slide down the dunes on a board.
4. Quad biking: For a more exhilarating experience, try quad biking over the sand dunes. These bikes are easy to operate, and your guide will show you the ropes before you start your adventure.
5. Falconry: Falconry is a traditional Emirati sport that involves hunting with trained falcons. During your desert safari, you can witness a falcon show and even get a chance to hold one of these magnificent birds.
6. Bedouin camp activities: After a day of adventure, unwind at a Bedouin-style campsite. You can enjoy traditional Arabian coffee, get a henna tattoo, smoke shisha, or watch a belly dance performance.
A desert safari in Dubai is a perfect combination of adventure and culture. Make sure to try all the activities for a memorable experience.
What to Wear on a Desert Safari
When planning your desert safari adventure in Dubai, one of the most important things to consider is what to wear. As you will be spending a significant amount of time in the desert, it is important to dress appropriately to ensure maximum comfort and protection.
Firstly, it is important to consider the time of day that you will be embarking on your safari. If you are going during the day, it is recommended to wear loose, lightweight clothing made from breathable materials such as cotton or linen. This will help to keep you cool in the heat.
If you are planning a desert safari in the evening, it is recommended to dress in layers as temperatures can drop significantly once the sun sets. A light jacket or sweater is a good option to keep you warm.
It is also important to wear comfortable and sturdy footwear, such as sneakers or closed-toe shoes, to protect your feet from the rough terrain.
As for accessories, it is recommended to bring a hat or scarf to protect your head and face from the sun, and sunglasses to protect your eyes. It is also a good idea to bring a small backpack or bag to carry any essentials such as water, sunscreen, and a camera.
Overall, dressing appropriately for a desert safari is key to ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Remember to consider the time of day, dress in loose and breathable clothing, wear sturdy footwear, and bring along any necessary accessories. With these tips in mind, you are sure to have a memorable desert safari adventure in Dubai.
Food on a Desert Safari
One of the highlights of a Desert Safari Dubai adventure is the delicious food that awaits you. Most Desert Safari tours include a traditional Arabian-style dinner served under the stars.
You’ll be greeted with a welcome drink, typically a sweet, chilled, and refreshing juice made from local fruits. Then, you’ll be led to your dining area, which is usually set up in a Bedouin-style campsite with colorful carpets, low tables, and cushions to sit on.
The dinner buffet is a feast of Arabic and international dishes, with a variety of meat, fish, and vegetarian options. You can expect grilled kebabs, shawarmas, biryanis, falafels, salads, hummus, and many other delicious dishes. Make sure to try the local specialty, a slow-cooked lamb dish called “mandi.”
Desserts are another highlight of the meal, with traditional Arabic sweets such as baklava and umm ali, a creamy bread pudding with nuts and raisins. There’s also a selection of fresh fruits and Arabic coffee or tea to end the meal.
For those with special dietary needs, most tour operators offer vegetarian and vegan options, and you can always inform them in advance about your requirements.
Overall, the food on a Desert Safari Dubai tour is a culinary experience that you won’t forget, and a perfect end to a day filled with adventure and excitement in the desert.
Best Time to Go on a Desert Safari
Dubai is a city that experiences extremely hot summers and mild winters. Therefore, the best time to go on a desert safari is during the cooler months, between October to March. During these months, the temperatures range from a pleasant 20-30 degrees Celsius, making it the perfect time for outdoor activities like a desert safari.
However, it is important to note that the desert can get chilly at night, so be sure to pack a light jacket or shawl. During the hotter months, the temperature can easily soar above 40 degrees Celsius, making it difficult to enjoy any outdoor activity during the day.
Going on a desert safari during the cooler months also means that you can enjoy a clear view of the star-studded night sky. Additionally, the cooler temperatures make it easier to participate in activities like sandboarding, camel riding, and dune bashing without getting overheated or dehydrated.
It is worth noting that the desert safari is a popular activity in Dubai, and it can get busy during peak tourist season, which is between December to February. Therefore, if you plan to go on a desert safari during this time, it is best to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Overall, the best time to go on a desert safari in Dubai is during the cooler months, between October to March. The mild temperatures, clear skies, and opportunity to participate in a variety of activities make it the ideal time to embark on a desert adventure.
Tips for a Memorable Desert Safari Experience
1. Plan ahead: Book your Desert Safari in advance to avoid any last-minute disappointments. Also, check the weather forecast to ensure that you choose a day with pleasant weather conditions.
2. Stay hydrated: Carry enough water with you and make sure you keep drinking throughout the Safari. It can get very hot and dry in the desert, so it’s important to stay hydrated.
3. Dress appropriately: Wear loose, comfortable clothing that covers your arms and legs to protect you from the harsh sun and sand. Don’t forget to wear a hat or a scarf to cover your head and protect your face from the sun.
4. Apply sunscreen: Apply sunscreen generously on all exposed skin before you leave for the Safari and reapply as needed.
5. Pack light: Avoid carrying too much luggage on the Safari. Keep it light with essentials like your phone, camera, water, sunscreen, and a hat.
6. Listen to your guide: The Safari guide is experienced and knows the desert terrain well. Follow their instructions and listen to their advice for a safe and enjoyable experience.
7. Be respectful: The desert is a natural habitat, and it’s important to be respectful towards it. Don’t litter or disturb any wildlife you may come across.
8. Take a camera: Capture the memories of your Safari adventure with photos and videos. Don’t forget to take a camera or a smartphone with you to capture the stunning desert scenery.
A Desert Safari in Dubai is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you’ll never forget. Follow these tips to make your Safari experience safe, comfortable, and enjoyable. Happy adventuring!