A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a private organization that works to alleviate suffering, advance the causes of the underprivileged, safeguard the environment, offer fundamental social services, or carry out community development. As long as a private group is non-profit and unrestrained by the government, it qualifies as an NGO.
The main objective of an NGO is to support the government’s work as a bridge, assist the public by serving their needs in line with project objectives, and contribute to the growth of society as a whole (human development and social progress indices, both).NGOs have emerged as a powerful new force in the last several decades, creating and implementing participative, and their legitimacy depends on how effectively they perform this function.
The NGOs developed three main strands and have become increasingly specialized
• Traditional development NGOs mostly assimilated into the society they served. They traveled from village to hamlet promoting literature and supporting local farmers and craftspeople.
• The second category consisted of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that lobbied the government and petitioned the courts to improve the lives of citizens.
• A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a legally formed organization formed by natural or legal people that acts independently of any government, and it is a term widely used by governments to designate organizations that do not have official status.
What exactly are non-governmental organizations, and how do they operate?
NGOs are also known as third sector organizations, non-profit organizations, and voluntary organizations in different parts of the world. In India, they are formally called non-profit organizations. Satya shakti Foundation is a Delhi-based NGO that works at the grassroots level to address social issues including health, sanitation, women’s empowerment, and education.
• The Satya Shakti Foundation plays a variety of functions in the healthcare system, including Developing online healthcare institutions for rural populations and Assisting those who are most in need, like the elderly, women, and children, by providing healthcare and social services.
• The Satya Shakti Foundation’s principal goals include addressing various health issues, promoting health rights, putting into effect preventative health initiatives, and controlling health spending and administration.
• The main goal of the Satya shakti Foundation is to create healthcare institutions, meet the medical and social requirements of vulnerable population densities such as the elderly, women, and children, implement preventive health
programs, and manage health finance and administration. We provide medical, shelter, and food assistance during global pandemics such as COVID-19 and natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, and so on.
SECTOR OF SANITATION-
Run an awareness campaign
Satya Shakti Foundation has taken on the responsibility of supporting service delivery both directly and via communities; the offering comprises marketing, sanitation, and hygiene promotion, community sanitation education, and awareness development.
Plan a training camp for Wastewater disposal management
Waste management is the collection, transportation, processing, recycling, or disposal of waste materials, typically generated by human activity, in order to reduce their influence on human health. Environmental modifications, particularly those relating to the disposal of waste and human excreta, are critical to preventing diseases and maintaining a clean environment.
OUR SMALL EFFORT IN THE EDUCATION INDUSTRY-
Learning can now be viewed as an inherent right of children, with duties imposed on both the government and the parents. Our technique has shown that it is feasible to provide schooling for the disadvantaged, even without providing financial incentives to parents. Poverty remains a significant barrier to education for the underprivileged.
thanks to the activities of the Satya shakti foundation even the poorest neighborhoods have been able to invest in their children’s education.
We are always trying to enhance the fundamental primary education level of impoverished and slum children, and are now putting out a massive effort to improve the instruction and curriculum for primary classrooms, in addition to continuing its scientific teaching program. We occasionally distribute free textbooks, notepads, and uniforms to slum children whose parents cannot buy them.
OUR GOALS FOR WOMEN’S EDUCATION-
Women must be strengthened in all of these areas in order to transform the idle culture into a self-sustaining society. We are working in this area to give sufficient educational resources, political backing, an effective legal system, and the creation of jobs for women, all of which are means to empower women. To empower women, the Satya shakti foundation provides basic education, vocational training, self-employment training, legal help, women’s safety, and self-awareness initiatives. As a result, we are primarily concerned with enhancing the standing of women in society.
• Satya shakti Foundation has taken several methods to empower women,
Including- Educating rural women, supporting government programs, organizing rural women, producing models and experiments, and assuring women’s participation in their own empowerment.
Allocating the finest resources; encouraging technology in rural areas representing rural women, and promoting rural leadership. Because of all of these concerns, we strive relentlessly to deliver the greatest services for the poor and needy to their homes. The Satya shakti Foundation is taking the initiative to address these injustices by offering the finest aid and support in all four critical areas (health, sanitation, education, and women’s empowerment) not only in Delhi but also in every remote part of India.