A smart city is an innovative concept! The development of smart city approaches can leverage the 5G network to improve city operations (lives of citizens or well-being of a community) by increasing the usage of data, sensors, and other smart devices Traffic cameras, Parking garage sensors, Utility meters, Streetlights, Buildings, Public transportation vehicles, etc. So now let us look into How Stable 5G network with Reliable 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Reliable RF drive test tools & equipment, RF tester software app & network LTE 4g tester will benefit smart city development?
The innovation of the new 5G technology/infrastructure is beneficial in employing smart devices, sensors, and data to improve operations, thereby expanding the opportunities for smart cities. Further, smart cities 5G will not only optimize cities’ managing to liveability, productivity, and better sustainability, but they will also promote economic growth.
How 5G is useful for the development of smart cities?
The outcomes of using 5G in the advancement of smart cities consist of enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB), massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC), and ultra-Reliable and Low-Latency Communications (uRLLC) – it’s predictable that several applications, such as city management, healthcare, transportation, agriculture, and energy management will be supported well by utilizing 5G.
5G is the fifth-generation wireless network comprised of high bandwidth, low latency times, higher speed to upload and download data, massive connectivity, broad coverage, and the ability to connect multiple devices at the same time, etc. – these attributes will help transform our cities into Smart Cities. In addition, 5G will play a vital role in the coming future, especially when it comes to the development of smart cities by offering a more reliable and extremely secured network for industrial IoT by integrating security into the core network architecture.
There are certain ways 5G technology affecting to the advancement of smart cities:
1. Public safety and security systems: The value of public safety and security systems (the foremost aspect of smart cities) will be enhanced even more with the constant rollout of 5G. Mostly, the first responder departments are based on 5G or LTE technology as 5G networks can deliver real-time video feeds at high resolution in terms of providing services for public safety situations – emergency officers will be able to detect real-time information, be it an accident or emergency call from intelligent sensors placed throughout the town.
For example, 5G connected cameras can capture traffic accidents, congestion, etc., which will be helpful in communicating with first responders to manage the traffic and increase the safety of road traffic. There are several opportunities that first responders will get benefitted from using 5G application devices such as connected headsets, body cameras, augmented reality smart glasses, and many more.
2. Autonomous Vehicles: Improving the automobile industry using a 5G network is one of the major areas of focus when it comes to smart city development – 5G will enable safe and effective autonomous vehicle operation. When 5G is deployed across the globe, fully autonomous cars will play a leading role by transforming the transportation industry completely. Self-driving cars or autonomous vehicles operated by a 5G network are dependent on sensor technologies and onboard computers, constant connectivity with GPS satellites, and a tiered cloud-based system, which means 5G will enable vehicle-to-vehicle communication so that self-driving cars or driverless cars can share roadways with one another (and human drivers).
3. Energy Efficiency: 5G is playing an important role in improving energy efficiency, thereby helping smart cities to meet sustainability goals and save money – 5G makes enormous opportunities for connected devices within cities to help track, monitor, and manage their energy supply. Energy efficiency is one of the cost-effective ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and serve the people with growing demand for energy. With a 5G network, smart city infrastructure will be able to provide energy-efficient solutions to the people. For example, LED smart lighting systems, which can automatically operate depending on pedestrian usage, and smart sensors on utilities, etc.
So, when the opportunities of the 5G network can benefit the smart city development, a network testing solution is required for maintaining a stable 5G network. Apart from traditional testing, operators are more interested in non-traditional 5G walk/drive testing and monitoring solution to measure the QoE.
RantCell (Pro app can be installed on Android and iOS 5G phones) is a smart 5G RF drive testing and monitoring tool that enables you to satisfy your 5G network testing needs and save from spending on costly hardware for 5G testing. In addition, RantCell pro app is widely used in the 5G telecom equipment industry and using cloud-based technology to accurately measure KPIs such as RSRP KPI statistics, RSRQ KPI statistics, PCI KPI statistics, LTESNR KPI statistics, etc. With RantCell, you will get the following list of benefits:
- 5G drive testing reduces your manual testing time by 30%
- Provides you with a real-time upload of network test data collected from the 5G test device to the RantCell cloud
- Enables you to get automated test (5G) reports
- Offers web-based data visualization on maps and analysis