QuickBooks is a perfect solution for organizing and managing small and medium-sized businesses’ financial health. Many users utilize the QuickBooks Desktop version, as it is locally installed on the PC and easy to access. It stores all the business data in the company file with a .qbw extension. But sometimes, when the users try to access the company file or the QuickBooks, they find it difficult to open. When the users find that their QuickBooks won’t open, it can be due to various reasons they don’t know. This guide will derive all the possible reasons for the issue and the troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Why is QuickBooks Not Opening?
Following are the possible why you are facing QuickBooks won’t open issue:
- When the Company File is corrupted.
- The file you are accessing has a long name.
- Faulty installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation files.
- The damaged QBWUSER.INI file is the primary reason.
- Windows OS is not having the latest version.
These are the possible reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open issue. Now, with the next section, let’s fix it.
Solution for QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
Here you will get the troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue and get back the QuickBooks at work.
Solution 1: Use Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix My program will fix the QuickBooks Desktop if it undergoes any issues. You must download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub application to use it. After installing, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Then, go to the Program Problem tab.
- Now, click Quick Fix My Program.
- Here, the Quick Fix My Program will scan the QuickBooks for the issue.
- After the scanning, you can access your QuickBooks and company file.
If the issue doesn’t resolve with the above method, then go with the following.
Solution 2: Use Install Diagnostic Tool
The Install Diagnostic Tool is also a component of QuickBooks Tool Hub. It will fix the QuickBooks by fixing all the installation files necessary to run it. Now, follow the given steps and fix QuickBooks won’t open issue:
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, click on the Installation Issues tab.
- After that, click on Install Diagnostic Tool. It will take up to 20 minutes to run.
- Now, the tool will run the scan to fix the issue.
- When the scan ends, restart your computer.
- In the last step, open QuickBooks Desktop and the company file.
Solution 3: Close QBWUSER.INI File
- To close the QBWUSER.INI file, go to the Windows Taskbar and then click right on it.
- Then, choose the Task Manager option from the list.
- Now, from the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.
- In the next step, click on the Image Name to place the task alphabetically.
- After that, browse and click on EXE.
- In the last step, click the End Process button and close all the exe processes.
It is a very frustrating moment when you want to work with your company file, and the QuickBooks won’t open. In this scenario, you can follow the above-given solutions to fix it. You also get the primary reason for the issue. It is suggested to update your Windows operating system for the smooth functioning of QuickBooks. If the issue continues, you can contact ProAdvisor to get immediate help.