Have you ever tried booking a flight only to be left in the dark about the status of your ticket? If so, you’re probably familiar with the frustration that comes with not knowing if your ticket has been confirmed or not. Fortunately, all hope is not lost. In this comprehensive guide, we will break down everything you need to know about flight pnr status and how to go about checking it. Learn how to use airline websites, mobile apps, and third-party services to stay updated on the status of your tickets and make sure your reservations are valid.
What is PNR Status?
When you book a flight, the airline creates a Passenger Name Record (PNR). This record contains all of your booking information, including your contact details and flight itinerary. Your PNR is stored in the airline’s reservation system and is used to keep track of your booking.
You can check your PNR status online to see if your booking is confirmed, or if there are any changes to your itinerary. To do this, you’ll need to enter your PNR number into the airline’s website or app. You can find your PNR number on your booking confirmation email or e-ticket.
If your PNR status shows that your booking is confirmed, it means that your seat on the plane is reserved and you will be able to board the flight. If there are any changes to your itinerary, such as a delay or cancellation, this will also be reflected in your PNR status.
How to Check PNR Status?
There are a few different ways that you can check your PNR status. The most common way is to check the airline’s website or mobile app. You can also check the status by calling the airline directly, or by using a third-party flight tracking website or app.
If you’re checking your PNR status on the airline’s website, you will need to enter your PNR number into the designated field. Once you hit enter, your PNR status should appear on the screen. If you’re checking your PNR status on the airline’s mobile app, the process is usually similar – you will need to enter your PNR number into the designated field and hit enter. Your PNR status should then appear on the screen.
If you’re checking your P NR status by calling the airline directly, you will need to provide them with your PNR number. The customer service representative will then be able to tell you your current PNR status.
Finally, if you’re using a third-party flight tracking website or app, you will need to enter your flight details (including your PNR number) into the search field. Once you hit enter, your flight information and current PNR status should appear on the screen.
What is the Significance of PNR Status?
The PNR status of a flight is the code that indicates the current status of your booking. This code can be used to check the status of your booking online, or by calling the airline. The most common statuses are: open, confirmed, waitlisted, and cancelled.
The significance of PNR status is that it allows passengers to easily check the status of their booking, and to be aware of any changes that may have been made to their itinerary. It also provides a way for airlines to keep track of bookings and to communicate with passengers.
What are the different types of PNR Status?
There are three different types of PNR status – confirmed, waitlisted, and standby.
A confirmed reservation means that you have a seat on the flight and your ticket is valid. A waitlisted reservation means that there are no seats available on the flight but you may be able to get a seat if someone cancels their reservation. A standby reservation means that there are no seats available on the flight and you will not be able to get a seat unless someone cancels their reservation.
How to Interpret PNR Status?
When you check your PNR status, you may see one of the following statuses:
• Open: This means that your booking is confirmed but not all of the passengers have been added to the manifest. You may still be able to add passengers or make changes to your booking.
• Waitlisted: This means that your booking is not confirmed and you are on a waiting list for a seat. If a seat becomes available, you will be automatically moved to the Confirmed list.
• Confirmed: This means that your booking is confirmed and you have a seat on the plane.
• Cancelled: This means that your booking has been cancelled and you will not be able to board the plane.
If you see any other status besides these four, it is best to contact the airline directly to find out what it means.
Tips for Checking PNR Status
As your travel date approaches, it is important to keep track of your PNR status to ensure that your booking is confirmed. Here are a few tips to help you check your PNR status:
1. Check with the airline: The best way to check your PNR status is to contact the airline directly. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on your booking.
2. Use an online tool: There are a number of online tools that can help you check your PNR status. These tools will access the airline’s database and provide you with updated information on your booking.
3. Check at the airport: If you are close to your travel date, you can also check the PNR status at the airport. The airport staff will be able to tell you whether or not your booking is confirmed.
With this comprehensive guide, you now have all the information you need to make flight bookings and keep track of your flight pnr status. We hope that it has given you a better understanding of how to make use of these services. Whether you’re booking a last-minute ticket or planning a holiday months in advance, having an easy way to check your PNR status can be incredibly useful. So go ahead, give it a try!