Epson, one of the best brands among printer manufacturers, has introduced a broad variety of best models of printers. They are designed, whether you use them for business or personal, in a way that offers image quality and high-speed laser. The most common thing in Epson printers is that they function differently from each other. Epson ink cartridges, similarly, are made of the same size and shapes but if we look at their capacity and composition, they are totally different from each other.
If your Epson ink cartridge has run out of ink, you have three options: replace the Epson ink cartridges, use the compatible cartridges or refill them. Replacing the ink cartridges is the simplest and easiest way. This guide is going to help if you want to replace or change the Epson ink cartridges.
How To Check Ink Levels?
If your printer is not showing alerts on your display and you need to replace ink cartridges, here is a simple method to check the ink levels of your printer. Follow the easy steps:
- Open your Display
- Click on Home
- Press OK on going to Setup
- Go to Ink Levels
- Now click the Ok button.
In this way, you can know exactly about the ink levels.
How to Replace Epson Ink Cartridges?
Let’s learn to replace Epson ink cartridges step by step.
When removing your old ink cartridges, make sure that the new Epson ink cartridges are in your hand for quick placement. If you leave the print head in the open air for a longer time, the ink on it is likely to dry soon making clogs. As a result, it would be difficult to clean and maybe, a need for replacement.
Push the power button of your printer to turn it on. If the old cartridges are running out of ink, your screen will automatically show the message ‘low cartridge’. In this way, you will know which cartridge needs to be replaced. After that, you can start proceeding. In the case of empty ink cartridges:
- Open your Display
- Click on Home
- Find the maintenance and hit Ok
- Scroll to the ink cartridge replacement
- Press Ok
To expose the ink cartridges, open the scanner unit. Moreover, be careful while taking out the cartridges and avoid touching the print head and cable, and let it be stopped first.
Now you are ready to remove the used ink cartridges. Grasp the back of the cartridge you want to replace and gently, pull it straight toward you. And the cartridge will be out easily. While you are pulling out the cartridge, the leftover ink can be splashed on your clothes, hands, and eyes. In this case, use cold water to clean. Unfortunately, if the ink gets into your eyes, wash your eyes with cold water as first aid and take medical precautions at the moment.
Before placing the cartridges, take care of the following practices.
- Before opening the sealed packing of ink cartridges, shake them well four to five times. It helps to mix ink components well with each other which will certainly provide more clear prints.
- Apart the cartridge from the packaging and remove the yellow tape if the cartridge is sealed with it. Make it gently so that the other parts of the cartridge might not be damaged because that may cause ink leakage.
- Now hold one cartridge with your hand and push it straight until you hear a click sound.
- Do the same for other ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Finally, go to your display and press Check to know if all the ink cartridges are installed.
After completing the process, wait for a few seconds. Your computer will automatically recognize the new cartridges and show the notification.
How to Replace Remanufactured Epson Ink Cartridges?
It is not difficult to replace your old ink cartridges with remanufactured ink cartridges. You can replace them using the same process mentioned above. Unfortunately, if the remanufactured Epson ink cartridge is not recognized by your printer showing errors like ‘low or empty cartridge’, there might be some connectivity issues.
Sometimes, when you replace a new cartridge, your printer is unable to read the chip on the cartridge. In that case, reset your printer or clean the contact points inside the cartridge with the help of a cloth. As a result, your computer will stop showing such errors and the printer will start working properly.
Some Additional Tips
Hopefully, this guide covers all about replacing Epson ink cartridges but if you still face issues, you can find various printing solutions from the following tips.
- You can ask for help on customer support linked to the company’s website. On going to the reference page of the website, select your printer model and read relevant suggestions.
- You can also seek help from the prepared FAQs on the website.
- Read out the complete manual that comes with your printer equipment and resolves the issue.
- You can also visit the company’s nearest centers in the USA personally.
- Moreover, you can take help dialing the company’s official contact number.
- Otherwise, if you still can’t help with your ink cartridges, resetting the printer is a great idea.
Replacing Epson ink cartridges is the easiest method, and requires no rocket science. However, the tips and guidelines help to make it perfect. Along with replacing the cartridges, you should also think about Epson-compatible cartridges and ink refills as they are cost-saving. Before replacing the cartridges, make sure once if the cartridges are empty or if there is any connectivity problem between the printer and ink cartridges. Overall, what makes Epson ink cartridges best is the use of high technology and maintenance standards.
Muhammad Aqeel Bio
Muhammad Aqeel is an experienced professional specializing in content creation. He has been working with Inkjet, a leading printer equipment platform, and over the years, has produced creative and engaging content.