HP Support Assistant won’t open on a laptop is a common problem and can be fixed easily. There is a lot of software available that you can use to fix it. You can use them to fix common computer problems, protect you from losing files, malware, and hardware failure, and make your computer run as fast as possible. Now, in 3 easy steps, you can fix PC problems and get rid of viruses:
- You can get the Restore PC Repair Tool, which has Patented Technologies, by downloading it (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to look for problems with Windows that could be causing your PC to act up.
- Click “Repair All” to fix problems with your computer’s performance and security.
If you use the HP Support Assistant tool that comes pre-installed on HP computers to get updates and other information, not being able to use it can be frustrating. Several HP users have said that after the Windows update, the HP Assistant won’t open on their HP laptops. In the Microsoft community forums, many users have talked about problems that are similar to these.
Here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you fix the problem if your HP Assistant won’t open.
How to get HP Support Assistant to open:
1. Download and install HP Assistant
- If the current version of the HP Assistant Support app won’t open, try downloading and installing the latest version of the app on top of the current one.
- From the link, you can get the installer for the HP Assistant.
- Start the installer, and when asked to confirm, click yes.
- Installation should go on.
- If the PC tells you to, restart the computer.
- Check to see if the app works again after the restart.
2. Get rid of the HP Support Assistant.
- If the installation doesn’t work, you can remove the app from the Control Panel and try again.
- Hit the Windows key plus R.
- Type control and hit the OK button.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
- Choose HP Assistant Support from the list of programs that have been installed.
- Click on “Remove.” Follow the instructions on the screen to finish uninstalling.
- Put the Control Panel to bed.
- Select File Explorer to open and move to the place mentioned below:
- C:\Program Files (X86)\Hewlett Packard\
- Delete the folder inside that says “HP Support Framework.”
- Now, run the installer for the HP Assistant that you downloaded from the first solution and see if anything has changed.
Put the HP Assistant to work. Go to about and click on Check for the latest version. Wait for the app to check for updates and install them if there are any.
3. Download drivers and update them manually
- If your computer has some old parts that you want to update, you can get them from the official website and save them to your computer.
- Go to the product page for HP Care.
- Enter the information about your HP laptop for which you want to get the software update.
- Now, look at all the updates that are available and install them one by one.
- If there is an update for the HP Support Assistant, you should also download and install it.
- Even though you don’t have to manually download driver updates, you might want to if the HP Support Assistant still won’t open.
Most of the time, the HP Assistant works fine, but if you run into trouble, this guide should help you fix it. Do tell us in the comments how you fixed the problem where the HP Support Assistant won’t open.