It should come as no surprise that food leading a fit and healthy lifestyle, it is important to exercise in order to develop strength and endurance. However, when it comes to forming a workout plan and deciding what suits you best, there is one common question that almost everyone has. This question is, “how many days of the week should I workout?” Well, while there are a lot of New York personal trainers and fitness coaches that will have varied answers for this, there isn’t exactly a definite answer as it may differ from person to person and depend on various factors. Based on your fitness goals and body type, your offline or online personal trainer will advise you on a workout plan.
How many days a week should you ideally workout?
As discussed above, there are quite a few factors that decide the number of days you need to workout in a week. Some of these important factors are as follows:
- Type of workout- one of the important factors is the type of workout you are performing. High impact activities should be performed less frequently than low impact activities. Performing high impact activities everyday can increase the risk of overuse injuries.
2. Duration of workout- if your workouts are longer, you can reduce the number of days on which you perform them.
3. Intensity of workout- higher intensity workouts should be performed less frequently.
4. Fitness goals- another extremely important factor in deciding how many days of week to workout is what your fitness goals are. If you don’t have any specific fitness level to achieve and are only working out to stay healthy, fewer days of workout may work.
5. Age and health status- depending on your age and health the number of days you workout will differ. Older people may not be able to workout everyday or as frequently as young ones.
How many days a week should you workout for effective results?
Ideally it is advised to workout for 5 to 6 days a week to achieve the most effective results. These workouts should be a combination of cardio and strength training. Keeping your exercises varied will help achieve best results and will also make working out more fun.
How many days a week should you workout for building muscles?
When it comes to muscle building workouts, you will need to incorporate strength training for at least 3 to 4 days within your workout plan. Exercises targeting different muscle groups along with full body workouts will help to achieve strength and build muscles. Along with this focusing on your nutrition and giving your body enough time to rest also plays an important part in muscle building workouts.
How many days a week should you workout for weight loss?
There is a lot that goes into achieving a healthy workout. Following a proper diet and creating the right calorie deficit. However, regular exercise is also quite important in losing the excess weight. Exercising 4 to 6 days a week with 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise per week and 75 minutes of high intensity exercise per week should be enough for losing weight.
Is working out every day bad for your health?
Working out every day isn’t essentially bad for your health but you also can’t say that it is good. If you are performing high impact workouts every day you are at more risk of overuse injuries and burn out. So if you want to work out every day make sure to keep your workouts varied and combine high and low impact activities.