Mr. Vijay Inder Singla assumed and worked as Public Works Department. Moreover, he is also working as the Administrative Reforms minister at Punjab Civil Secretariat-1. He is also thankful to the Congress high command and the Chief Minister for reposing faith and giving him the opportunity. He is also trying his level best to continue his efforts in social development.
He also works well to fulfill the aspirations of the people and party as well. He was under the visionary leadership of Chief Minister S. Charanjit Singh Channi, working well for social growth and development.
The PWD minister also assured he and all the staff of both his departments would discharge their duties well with loyalty. He also assured me that he will do his duty with utmost honesty and transparency.
Hence the Congress government was committed to the overall development of Punjab in an efficient and prominent way. He is also concerted efforts will be continued in this direction by all means in a good way. He has instructed the officials of both of his departments as per the directions of the Chief Minister. he is doing many works and drafting the holistic development agenda for the upcoming 100 days.
PWD minister reviews progress of development projects for public and act as Administrative Reforms Minister
Hence for Public Works Department Minister, he is working for ongoing development projects in the district. He instructed the officials to expedite the work and efforts. The minister also visited Tarn Taran district for the social development purpose.
He also made several announcements, one of which regarding the installation of interlocking tiles for the public. The work is done on-demand on the passage leading to Ram Tirath.it is sanctioned with a grant of Rs 2.20 crore for the same. The minister was also instructed to clear all pending files at the earliest to PWD officials.
He is also trying his level best to continue his efforts in social development.
He is the PWD minister and member of below mentioned committees.
- Member, Consultative Committee on Ministry of Finance
- Member, Standing Committee on Energy
- Member, Standing Committee on Member Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLAD)
Member – Other Committees/Organisation
- Member, Indian Council of World Affairs
- Member, National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Chairman, Regional Consultative Committee on Food Corporation of India (Punjab)
- Member, Governing Body – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (Chandigarh)
- Member, Regional Direct Taxes Advisory Committee, Patiala (Punjab)
- He Represented India at the 64th UN General Assembly proceedings in November 2013 at New York .
He addressed the UN Fourth Committee on Palestine issue.