The Indian Premier League is known for its big gestures and wealthy prizes. It is considered the richest league in all over the world. Other leagues like Big Bash League and Pakistan Super League are way behind IPL when it comes to cash prizes.
Apart from the winner prize, the IPL management also provides high prizes to the runner-ups and other prizes like the player to hit most sixes, the player with most wickets, and the most important player with the highest runs also gets handsome rewards.
The highest run-scorer is also called the orange cap holder. This is a prestigious cap given to the player who performs exceptionally throughout the tournament. The online IPL betting website also provides high odds on these batters.
The top contenders for the orange cap this season are:
- KL Rahul – Rahul and orange cap are destined for each other, no matter his team’s wins or losses, you will always see him in the list of top contenders of the orange cap. KL Rahul will play for a new franchise this year. It will be very interesting to see, how he is going to be on the top batters list alongside managing the team.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad – This young CSK star is also one of the best contenders for the IPL Orange cap, in the last season of IPL we witnessed what he is capable of. And who can forget his 101* score against the Rajasthan Royals? Ruturaj is surely a gem for Indian Cricket. Surely, he is going to get big scores this season. This young lad is so famous that the best online betting apps for IPL provide good odds on him.
- David Warner – If you check the previous records of the most run-scorer, you will find the name of David Warner there. However, his last season wasn’t up to expectations. But we all know, he is a player known for his comebacks.
- Shikhar Dhawan – Another Indian batter on our list, Shikhar has always been on the top run-scorer list. Playing for the Delhi Capitals in the past few seasons, he scored good tons. This season we will see the left-hander in PBKS jersey. He will be looking forward to performing marvelously to fix his position in the world cup squad. Dhawan is known for his reliability that’s why there are high odds on him in the online IPL satta always.
- Virat Kohli – Last but definitely not the least. Kohli is looking in great touch this year. We can expect the former RCB skipper to lead the batting side from the front. Fans are very excited to see their king back in action again. Who knows, we might see his 2016 mayhem again?
Watching these batters in action is a delight itself, the competition between them is worth watching. For more information regarding the best players and teams you can visit the most popular sports websites, you can get some amazing welcome offers and the best match tips there.