Children spend a considerable amount of time in their rooms. Their bedrooms invoke a sense of safety and familiarity in them and they have the freedom to be however they want. The way a child’s bedroom is designed impacts a lot of their emotional, mental and physical wellbeing. Every parent wants the best for their child and how they design their kid’s room is not only a reflection of their parenting style but also how stimulated the child will be while they’re growing up. So let’s take a look at these decor ideas for children’s bedrooms that are fun and useful at the same time.
- Instead of having a typical kid’s chair and table for seating, make your child’s bedroom more fun by adding a bean bag sofa or two in the room. Bean bags are great places to sit and sometimes take a nap and they can be moved around the house too. They are a fun accessory and can be refilled with new beans too.
- One wall or a portion of a wall in your kid’s room can have a world map on it. This is a great way to get your child curious about the different parts of the world and will keep them engaged. The map can be painted or you can use a printed wallpaper that’s available in the market.
- Add a reading nook and bookshelf in your kid’s room and encourage their reading habits. Reading is important for mental stimulation at a growing age as it promotes imagination among youngsters. The more imaginative your child is, the more creative they will grow up to be.
- Another great but a little offbeat way to design your kids room is to keep it minimalistic and let them decide how they would like to design it. This will enable your child to decorate their room in different ways throughout their life and you’ll be able to see them embrace every phase of their life. A great way to do this is to incorporate movable furniture.
- Add a pull up rod in your child’s room and make sure that it is structurally sound. Kids love to play around and this will not only be great for your kid’s height and flexibility, it will bring you closer together when you teach them how to use it.
- You can also add a single wall mounted swing in your child’s bedroom to make the space a little more fun and whimsical. Swings are a great way to keep kids entertained throughout the day and your child will love you for it more and more.
- Add funky lights or a disco ball in your kids room to make it a little more playful. Children are stimulated by lights and your child can have dance parties by themselves or with their friends or siblings. Make sure that there is enough reading light in the room apart from this as your kids will study in there as well.
There are various ways in which children’s rooms can be decorated. You can choose the best style keeping in mind what your child likes and how much space you have and it does not need to match the rest of the house either as it is a kid’s room.