Unbeknownst to many, hair loss is something that affects both men and women. While on the surface, hair loss seems to be mostly affecting men, there are also plenty of women who are seeking ways to restore their once beautiful crowning glory.
There are plenty of reasons why hair loss can occur. Most of the time, aging and hormonal issues are the main cause but other factors can come into play. Once hair loss occurs, it could be very difficult to treat or stop so prevention is always the best course of action.
Knowing how to prevent hair loss starts with getting rid of bad habits that can be detrimental to the well-being of your scalp and follicles. In this article, we’re going to briefly discuss some possible causes of hair loss and methods of treatment.
Common Causes of Hair Loss
- Smoking or Drinking
- Having a healthy lifestyle not only promotes a healthy crown but also your overall well-being. Alcohol consumption causes the temperature of the body to rise which impedes blood flow to the scalp. The nicotine found in cigarettes can also cause poor blood circulation. This is why cutting down on smoking and consuming alcohol can help promote a healthy circulatory system and prevent hair loss.
- Poor Nutrition
- We all need a well-balanced diet to be healthy. For our bodily functions to work normally, we must always pay attention to the nutrients found in the food we eat. If we always prioritize a well-nourished diet, all the necessary nutrients can be distributed throughout the body including our scalp and follicles.
- Misuse of Hair Products
- Some people may have a more sensitive scalp than others which is why some shampoos might even be harmful instead of helpful. Using the right amount of shampoo and conditioner according to the volume of your hair should always be taken into consideration because more often than not, excessive use of hair products leads to hair loss.
- Excessive Exposure to Heat
- Frequently drying your hair with the use of a blow dryer can cause your scalp to become too dry. This can be detrimental to your hair follicles and may disrupt the right balance of oil within the skin. Additionally, excessive sun exposure means exposing your scalp to harmful UV rays which can weaken the dermis and lead to hair loss.
Now that you know the most common causes of hair loss, avoiding these bad habits is always the most ideal way to address this problem. Prevention is better than seeking treatment. Cutting down on alcohol intake and cigarette smoking not only promotes good blood circulation but also prevents the loss of hair.
A well-balanced diet or paying attention to what you eat highly contributes to maintaining the volume of your hair. When it comes to finding the right hair products, it’s always necessary to do some research. Being aware of the contents found in your hair products is the first step to hair care.
When styling your hair, it’s always ideal to look for organic choices rather than using ones that are chemical-based. Finally, only use a blow dryer when it’s necessary. Naturally drying your hair not only maintains the right balance of natural oils in your scalp but also prevents hair loss.
As stated above, hormonal issues can also be a factor for hair loss. Most women experience postpartum hair loss as a result of falling estrogen levels after giving birth. This type of hair loss can be addressed by taking a supplement that is specially formulated for postpartum hair loss. Visit lovemajka.com to learn more.