According to Verizon’s 2022 Data Breach Investigations Report, 82% of all breaches involved a human element, whether it is falling for a social attack, erroneously revealing a password, or misusing a work device.
We’ve all been there before. You’re trying to log into your bank account and you get that dreaded message: “Your password is incorrect.” So you try again, and again until finally you give up and have to reset your password. It’s a frustrating experience, but until now, it has also been a necessary one to keep your account secure.
With all of the different accounts we have to keep track of these days, it’s no wonder that so many people resort to using the same password for multiple accounts.
But using the same password for multiple accounts is a huge security risk. If one of your accounts is compromised, all of your others are now at risk as well. That’s why it’s important to use different passwords for each of your online accounts. But how can you keep track of them all?
This is where a password manager, such as Passwarden, comes in handy.
What is a password manager?
A password manager is software that helps you generate, store, and organize your passwords. Many also include additional features such as two-factor authentication and dark web monitoring.
What are the benefits?
There are several benefits of using a password manager:
- You only have to remember one master password. This can be a huge relief, especially if you’re the type of person who has trouble remembering multiple passwords.
- Your passwords will be more secure. A good password manager will generate strong, unique passwords for each of your online accounts. That way, even if one of your passwords is compromised, the rest of your accounts will still be safe.
- You can access your passwords from anywhere. Since your passwords are stored in the cloud, you can access them from any device with an internet connection.
- Additional features can further protect your online accounts from being hacked, by providing extra security along the way.
So if you’re looking for a way to better manage your passwords and keep your online accounts more secure, consider using a password manager.
Also Check Infiniterounds
What should you look for in a password manager service?
The problem is that there are so many different options to choose from. How do you decide which service to go with? Make sure to ask about some necessary features.
- Safety: Your password manager should use military-grade encryption to keep your passwords safe. This way, even if the database were to be hacked, the hackers would not be able to access your actual passwords.
- Integration: Your password manager should be able to integrate with your web browser so that it can automatically fill in your passwords when you visit a website. This is a huge time-saver and it also helps to ensure that you’re using unique passwords for each of your accounts.
- Ease of use: The whole point of using a password manager is to make your life easier. So, you want to make sure that the service you choose is easy to use and understand. The last thing you want is another complicated set of instructions to keep track of.
Every minute you spend unprotected increases your chances to be compromised, so choose one today!
What Passwarden offers
If there’s one service that checks all the boxes it is Passwarden, which offers class-leading security, is supported by all of the major platforms, and can be installed with just a few clicks. That’s not all though, as Passwarden has several other features that put it ahead of some competitors.
If you are being forced to open your manager, there is a specialized duress password that will only unlock predetermined sections of your information. This can allow you to keep the most important parts of your life tucked away even in the most serious circumstances.
If you lose control of your device, two-factor authentication can still help secure your information. The extra layer of security is a necessity in today’s world of smart devices.
While you can get Passwarden for as little as four dollars a month, there is also a lifetime purchase option, which is currently on sale for $99, that will keep you safe forever. This is an account that can be used on unlimited devices, and will never expire.
Part of MonoDefense
Need even more security? KeepSolid’s end-to-end protection package called MonoDefense also includes VPN Unlimited, DNS Firewall, and Smart DNS services to keep your online activity private, secure and anonymous.