Elastic bands have become a basic training element for many disciplines and sports. The benefits they provide are numerous, such as a lower risk of injury, gaining joint mobility, relieving pain due to overload and adapting to the different resistances of each exercise.
Elastic bands have become a fundamental tool in the training of fitness clubs and athletes, in numerous activities and sports specialties due to their ease of use and their low cost of acquisition and maintenance.
The trainer recalls that when working with elastic material, Hooke’s law is applied, which states that: “resistance or load increases in proportion to elongation.” This means that the greater the elongation of the elastic band, the greater its resistance.
ELASTIC BAND APPLICATIONS
In the different programs where elastic bands are applied as material, they serve to obtain several benefits:
- Develop muscle strength and imitate sports movements or gestures
- Gain specific joint mobility in an anatomical region
- Relieve some overuse pain by limiting or supplementing ranges of motion to benefit mobility and flexibility
Jordi Notario points out that elastic bands are also used “in physical conditioning sessions, Pilates, Yoga or as a complement to resistance for strength machines and free weights.”
LOWER RISK OF INJURY
One of the important benefits of elastic bands “is the low risk of injury that it presents and the safety with which it allows the development of an improvement in the muscle-tendon system, giving the possibility of generating tension and resistance adaptations immediately,” he says. the specialist.
In addition, it allows you to effectively train all muscles, given its versatility when creating exercises.
PROPERTIES AND ADVANTAGES
Notary highlights several advantages and properties of elastic bands when training with them:
- They are made of pure latex that allow great elasticity
- Its cost is low
- The elastic band is easy to use in different places, both indoors and outdoors
- It allows you to perform the exercises individually or in pairs.
- The significant increase in tension at the end of the extension of the tape is used to demand more from the stabilizing muscles of the joint.
- In the market there are elastic bands of different colors that adapt to the resistance needs of the exercise and the individual.
- The elastic bands serve to improve strength and resistance, which increases the tone of the muscles and the ability to withstand the fatigue that comes from prolonged efforts.
- With elastic bands, strength-resistance training is performed with lower intensities than those necessary for training other types of strength. To achieve this, the repetitions in the exercises and the number of series are increased.
EXERCISES WITH ELASTIC BANDS
Jordi Notario proposes several exercises to get the most out of the elastic bands. In the case of basic strength exercises with elastic bands, we can perform squats, pectoral, dorsal, biceps, triceps and deltoids.
HOW MANY TIMES USE ELASTIC BANDS FOR EXERCISE:
For maximum exercisers, 2-three days every week of resistance education can be good enough to hold to peer progressed fitness and energy advantages and frame composition change.
Never launch a resistance band at the same time as below anxiety. A launch below anxiety can motive the band to snap returned in the direction of the person and bring about massive injury.
Begin all sporting activities slowly to make certain band strength.
Maintenance of health with elastic band:
Same Muscle Activity, Less Chance of Injury.
Greater Muscle Activation.
Improved Strength & Athletic Perform Option.
More Exercise Options.
Ideal for Rehabilitation.
Stretching & Mobility.
Elastic bands are perfect are a great device to apply in rehabilitation after a sports activities injury. These stretchable health bands assist athlete’s attention and paintings on precise components of the body, which could accelerate the procedure of rehabilitating joints and muscle groups put up injury.