In today the business landscape, it is crucial to understand great technologies and solutions to make them successful. Owners want to help their employees to collaborate and communicate efficiently to make profits.
SharePoint calendars are a great choice for many people in the industry due to their great management system.
Did you know there are over 200 million users that depend on SharePoint? This might be the one thing to consider SharePoint as an effective tool for managing business tasks.
The main difference is leveraging the right functionalities of SharePoint Calendars for your business.
How to make a difference with SharePoint calendars?
SharePoint is a user-friendly and performance-driven tool for collaboration, document management, and data storage. This helps the users to store data in a secure place and access it effortlessly.
Let us look at the correct procedures:
Create a calendar app
- Click on the settings gear and click on Add an app
- Look for the Calendar app and click on the icon
- Enter the name you want to assign to the calendar and click on create
Add an event
- Create an event, click on add icon when you hover over the date or double-click on the date
- Fill in the required data and click on Save
Insert calendar app on a page
- In the SharePoint page where you want the calendar, click on Edit in the upper right of the page.
- The page will be in the Edit mode
- Place the cursor to the place you place to add a calendar
- In the Insert tab, click on the web part
- Choose your newly created calendar app and click on the Add
- Save the page
Dealing with versions of SharePoint brings better productivity and keeps data saved in case of any inconveniences. Let us look at the process:
- Redirect to the Calendar tab and click on List settings in the settings ribbon group
- A settings window will be opened. Now click on versioning settings
- In this window, choose the radio button, Yes, to create a version every time you edit an item in the list
- Click on OK
With the help of a SharePoint calendar, you can create events and meetings. It can be shared with the users who have the right permissions. The SharePoint calendarsare also used to display leaves, holidays, delivery dates, and other information.
What are the different options for SharePoint calendars?
1. SharePoint Calendar Web Part
This was the only choice to manage events in SharePoint earlier. It is a SharePoint list with rows and columns for metadata. The benefits are:
- Easier to customize and build your metadata
- Sync the SharePoint calendar in the Outlook
- It can be integrated into classical and modern pages
- Roll over 10 calendars from other SharePoint sites and calendars to display on the same screen
- Execute workflows and approvals like any other SharePoint lists
2. Group calendar with Outlook
Creating a group calendar while switching from SharePoint to Outlook is easier. With a group of individual calendars, users can overlay and get some free time from the team members. It is easier to create and deal with an Outlook-based calendar.
3. Task Lists in Calendars
You can track the milestones and dates through a task list. SharePoint has a built-in view known as a SharePoint calendar list. Users can easily visualize the tasks through the calendar view. Some benefits are:
- Great visualization of existing tasks in a calendar view without any creation or recreation of a new web part
- Roll up the calendar like a regular one
4. List or Library Calendar View
SharePoint allows creating a calendar view in a list or library. There is a document library to track invoices and a few metadata to know the date received or due dates. Some advantages are:
- Effortlessly convert list or library in a calendar view
- Roll up the calendar view into other calendars
What are the benefits of SharePoint calendars?
- Accessibility to multiple users
Teams working remotely or in the same location will get access to the SharePoint calendars if required. This helps view tasks, events, schedules, and plan the necessary actions. People do not have to wait for an email to get the information as they will be notified as soon they are updated in the calendar. This will boost productivity and avoid too much time consumption.
- Better Collaboration
Building a calendar will require the right permissions to add different team members. Even if everyone can view the calendar but not everyone can edit, delete, add, or perform tasks. The right permissions ensure collaboration with the team at different levels.
- Tasks Management
For all the tasks to run smoothly, this app is perfect for managing the tasks. Using a SharePoint group calendar, you can create tasks, assign them to relevant members, and track progress. The shared calendar will display every task’s progress to ensure that every action runs smoothly.
- Outlook integration
Integrating the SharePoint calendar in Outlook is effortless for better features. Once you build a calendar and share it with users, they can add it to Outlook for better accessibility. Events added to the Outlook which will be synchronized with SharePoint automatically.
The End Note!
Explore SharePoint calendars to access the best functionalities for your business. Get hands-on experience scheduling events, tasks, or meetings in SharePoint or Outlook.