How to make rice water?
Are you tired of spending your hard earned money on skin and hair care products? Let us help you save those bucks by introducing you to a simple home remedy that works like a charm. Let’s get onto what this remedy is. It is the mighty rice water.
Rice water works as a potion for strengthening hair and skin alike. It not only nourishes the skin and hair but also promotes skin rejuvenation and new hair growth. Rice water is not something new in fact it has been a part of skin and hair care regimens since centuries around Japan, China, and Southeast Asia.
The best part about this remedy is it only uses rice and water and is really easy to make. Let’s cut to the chase and learn how you can make rice water at home:
- Take 1 heaped cup of rice.
- Rinse and clean the rice thoroughly to get rid of any dirt or impurities.
- Now soak 1 cup of rice in 2 cups of water.
- Stir it vigorously until the water becomes cloudy.
- Now transfer this mixture in an airtight container.
- Let the soaked rice stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain the rice out and pour your rice water in a spray bottle or a container with a lid for easy accessibility.
Some rice water advocates and dermatologists believe fermented rice water is way better than plain rice water due to its high content of antioxidants. To make fermented rice water, let your soaked rice stand for 12 to 24 hours instead of 30 minutes. Make sure you don’t leave it standing for more than 24 hours. If you have some extra rice water left you can store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator for a week. Always check refrigerated rice water before using, if it smells sour discard it immediately and make a fresh batch.
How to use rice water on hair?
Here is how you can use rice water on your hair:
- Shampoo your hair as per normal.
- Towel dry your hair.
- Now start pouring or spraying rice water over your hair, pour gradually by separating your hair gently with the help of fingers.
- After you’re done pouring/spraying, use your fingers to massage the rice water on your scalp.
- Wear a shower cap and let rice water sit in your hair for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water and style them normally.
There are dozens of awesome benefits that you can reap from using rice water for your hair. Some of these are:
- The protein in rice water strengthens your hair and makes it stronger and harder.
- Since rice water is full of starch it delivers a shine to the dull locks and makes them soft which in turn makes hair easy to detangle.
- The amino acids and vitamin B, C and E in rice water strengthen the hair shaft which in turn treats hair fall and improves hair growth.
Can rice water be used on the face?
Rice water has moisturising, calming, anti aging and brightening benefits for the facial skin. It can safely be used on the face on a regular basis. However if you have sensitive skin consult the Best Dermatologist in Karachi before including rice water in your regimen.
How can you use rice water on your face?
Here is how you can use rice water on your face:
- Use rice water as a cleanser, take 2 to 3 tbsp of rice water in your hands. Apply it on your face, massage gently and rinse.
- Use rice water as a toner, after cleaning your face, dip a cotton ball in rice water and apply it all over your face. There’s no need to rinse your face after using rice water as a toner.
- Use rice water as a face mask, combine 2 tbsp of rice water with 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and apply it evenly all over your face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes then rinse your face with warm water.
Here are the results or benefits of using rice water on face:
- Amino acids and minerals in the rice water slow down the aging process. Also the starch in rice water tightens and tones the skin.
- The enzymes in rice water clear the blemishes , acne marks and brighten up your skin.
- Rice water can also be used as a treatment for sun burnt skin.
If you encounter red patches or unusual marks after using rice water, discontinue using it immediately and visit a Dermatologist in Islamabad for advice.