As we all know that fashion is like a pendulum It keeps on going to and fro. The trend we are following in the recent year was a trend in the 80s or 90s too. Retro fashion is being reintroduced to the market by our fashion influencers. Retro style is most famous for its nostalgic and vintage appearance.
In this post, we will discuss the nostalgic and vintage style that has come back.
All the decades had a different style of their own. For example:
- The 1920s: flapper garments were quite popular because of their free-flowing, loose silhouette.
- The 1930s: witnessed an increase in hourglass patterns that are increasingly fitting.
- The 1940s: were more into masculine attire.
- The 1960s: focused on mini skirts with bold designs and eye-catchy colors.
- The 1970s: is the time when the style of bohemian touched its peak. Bohemian fashion with bell bottom jeans and maxi dress.
- The 1980s: had dresses with shoulder patches, neon colors, and jeans that are high-waisted.
Recently, we have been dressing in a nostalgic manner and going back to the old days. We don’t just stick to one decade’s dress code; we blend them all together. Stores like Vintage shops and thrift shops are the best place to get your authentic outfits. You can also try online shopping for your collection from H&M, Zara, or monkeskate clothing.
A fun and fashionable approach to honor previous fashion trends are retro haircuts. Just in recent years, vintage hairstyles took the lead when it comes to hairstyles. Some of them have gained popularity in a huge mass. The hairstyles are Soft pinned curls, Bouffant, Vintage bob, Pin-up curls, Gibson roll, Finger waves, Beehive, and Vintage retro ponytails.
Such hairstyles are mostly done in the entertainment industry, at movie awards, Red carpet, at Royal gatherings, Ramp walk runways, and many other places. Though they are a decade-old style they are still relevant as they give you a glamorous appearance. When you are having such appealing looks why not add more to it. You can add to your looks by putting on some ready-to-go perfume like good girl perfume dossier.co, lavender, Chanel, etc.
When you are having retro clothing and hairstyle why not wear retro shoes too. The silhouette is one of the essential components of retro footwear.
- In the 1920s popular footwear were Mary Jane pumps and ap heels.
- In the 1930s pumps, pointed-toe with streamlines reached their peak of popularity.
- In the 1940s the style was more into oxford-style and masculine footwear.
- In the 1960s there wasa rise in boots that were mod-style.
- In the 1970s famous footwear was chunky heel boots and platform shoes.
- In the 1980s sneakers reached their peaks like High-top shoes, Converse, and Nike.
More than vintage clothes, vintage shoes always stay in the trend like Vans, Converse, and Boots. They possess a certain amount of historic relevance and nostalgia that resonates with individuals of all ages.
Because of the cyclical nature of trends, retro fashion continues coming back. Retro clothing may also become popular again as a result of nostalgia for a past era or social movement. The influence of fashion designers or trendsetters is another factor contributing to the potential resurgence of retro clothing.