Outlook with its multi functionality has pleased people all over the world. It’s a popular email service provider that lets users access any email through it. Not only sending and receiving emails, but you can also manage them effortlessly. But, sometimes outlook send receive error appears which creates trouble for users. It stops Outlook’s automatic send and receives functions.
But, don’t worry! Outlook email services are trustworthy and we have solutions for all its problems. Hence, if you encounter the same outlook send/receive error in outlook, this guide is for you! Here, you will learn its major causes and solutions.
Let’s dive in!
Why Is Outlook Send Receive Error Popping Up?
Plenty of reasons may have caused the outlook send/receive error on your system. Out of these, the common ones are as followed:
- Weak or unstable internet connection
- Misconfigured settings of Outlook email
- Antivirus or firewall program conflicting with Outlook
- Data file error in Microsoft Outlook
- The email attachment size is larger than acceptable
Fix Outlook Send/Receive Error: Stepwise Procedure
Now, moving forward let’s fix the outlook send receive error using these methods.
1. Turnoff Firewall or Antivirus Program
First of all, turn off the firewall or antivirus program in your system. This may help to get rid of the error while following the steps mentioned here:
- On your computer, go to the start button.
- Now, type Control panel in the search bar.
- Tap on Windows Control Panel to open it.
- Then, select the Network connections option.
- Afterward, right-tap on it to select the Properties.
- Tap on the Security tab.
- Lastly, turn off (deactivate) the firewall or antivirus program.
After your outlook application is updated, enable the firewall.
2. Configure the Outlook Email Settings
You must check the outlook email settings. If there are any incorrect settings this may cause the outlook error in sending and receiving emails. Hence, please use the steps mentioned below and configure the ms outlook settings again.
- Open the Outlook program.
- Now, go to the File tab.
- Select the Account settings.
- Then, tap on the Change option.
- After that, select More Settings and then Outgoing server.
- Now, from here, please select the checkbox next to “my outgoing server requires authentication.”
- Now, tick the checkbox next to “log in to the incoming server before sending mail.”
- Restart your Outlook program.
Now, please check by sending an email and see if it resolved the error.
3. Repair PST Files
In your outlook, there is a PST file. If any of the PST files are corrupted, it may cause you trouble. Hence, to fix the outlook send/receive error, repair the PST file now.
- Launch your Outlook program.
- Login to the account.
- Go to the settings option.
- Now, tap on the update and security tab.
- Then, select the troubleshooting option.
- Now, open the PST file and a list will appear:
- Move PST file.
- Repair PST file.
- Backup PST file.
- Choose the Repair PST file from the options.
As you can see you can also move the files or backup them.
4. Run Outlook in Safe Mode
Still, getting the error? Run the outlook in safe mode using the steps below:
- Press the win+ R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type outlook.exe/safe.
- Press the ok button.
Now, compose an email and try sending an email. If sent successfully, the error is resolved.
Tip: Change Server Timeout:
You may try this trick if you get the error repeatedly. By default, the server timeout is 1 minute, but for larger attachments, it may not be enough. Hence, you can increase the time using the steps here:
- Go to the outlook.
- Tap on the tab File.
- Select Account settings.
- Now, select Change and then More settings.
- Then, click on the Advanced button.
- Change the server timeout as per your requirement.
We hope the outlook send receive error is resolved using these solutions. The steps are easy and can be applied without having any technical expertise. However, if you face any difficulty in performing the steps, feel free to contact us.