The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, also called the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, is a flagship scheme of the Indian government. This scheme is a health insurance scheme designed mainly for the poor people of India and the lower section of the vulnerable population of India. The scheme aims at providing financial support to those who cannot afford a huge sum of money during hospitalization in case of an emergency.
The PM-JAY is the world’s most significant health coverage scheme that aims to provide 5 lakh rupees of medical coverage per family for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. The scheme is a fully funded government scheme, and the expenditure of implementation is mutually shared between the central and the state governments.
Key financial features of the PM-JAY government scheme
There are multiple advantages of enrolling in the PM-JAY health insurance scheme, designed for the lower class society.
- The PM-JAY is the largest financial government scheme in the world and is entirely funded by the government.
- The scheme aims to provide 5 lakh rupees coverage to families for tertiary and secondary hospital care across India’s private and government-registered hospitals.
- This scheme offers cashless services to the individuals at the beneficiary, which means at the hospitals.
- The scheme helps reduce customers’ catastrophic medical emergency treatment expenditures, pushing more than six crore customers toward poverty yearly.
- The PM JAY scheme covers three days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization treatments in the enrolled hospitals.
- There is no restriction on the age, gender, or family size of the family members.
- All the pre-existing conditions are covered under the scheme from day one.
- The financial benefits of the scheme are available across different parts of the country. It means that the individual can avail of the scheme of cashless transactions anywhere during their visits.
- The public hospitals are reimbursed for the medical health care services at par with the private health sectors.
Benefits covered under the PM-JAY government scheme
There are several benefits covered under the pradhan mantri jan arogya yojana scheme. There are several insurance schemes available for the people of India. However, most were based on the upper ceiling, and the insurance scheme ranged from thirty thousand to three lakh. These schemes are available for users across India, creating a fragmented healthcare insurance system.
However, this scheme is targeted mostly at the lower class or the underclass society of the Indian population. Under this scheme of the government, the Indian government aims to provide five lakh rupees to families, irrespective of the size, gender, and age of the members. The insurance covers all types of secondary and tertiary treatments, leaving aside the medicine, lab tests, diagnosis, and other tests. There are different types of things covered under the PMJAY government financial scheme.
- Consultation, treatment, and medical expenditures.
- Pre-hospitalization, medicines, and medicinal consumables.
- Nonintensive and intensive care services.
- Lab investigations and diagnostic services.
- Medical implementation services wherever required.
- Food services and accommodation benefits.
- Complications arise during the treatments.
- Post-hospitalization treatments up to 15 days.
The five lakh scheme of PM-JAY is on a family floater basis. It means that anyone can use the scheme and its coverage, either by one member of the family or by all members of the family. Unlike other insurance schemes, there is no cap on the limit of family members. Moreover, pre-existing diseases are also covered under this scheme from the first day. Therefore, any person suffering from any chronic or other medical condition not covered under this scheme can also avail of the benefits from day one when enrolled under the PM-JAY scheme.
What are the things which are not covered under the PM-JAY government scheme?
Like all other health insurance schemes, several things aren’t covered under the PM-JAY government finance scheme.
- Outpatient department expenses.
- Cosmetic surgery expenses.
- Drug rehabilitation.
- Individual diagnostics.
- Fertility treatment expenditures.
- Organ transplant costs.
Impact of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana on financial inclusion
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana scheme has been a boon for the financially underprivileged and unprivileged classes of Indian society. It has opened a way for them to avail health benefits, which they could not access previously due to their financial status.
The scheme has helped to bridge the gap of health access for millions of Indians and is helping them in getting timely healthcare treatments without any financial worries. Financial inclusion has been one of the major impact areas where this scheme is making its mark. This scheme makes it easier for people to receive financial services more efficiently and securely.
The PM-JAY scheme is helping to provide financial assistance for those who are otherwise unable to avail of the same. It is helping to bridge the gap between medical services and those who need them most. With this scheme, families can access medical treatments that otherwise wouldn’t be possible. The financial inclusion benefits are also helping to widen the reach of credit and other services to people who would otherwise be unable to access them.
Thus, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana scheme has been a major boon for the financially underprivileged and unprivileged class of Indian society. It is helping them to access medical treatments which were previously out of reach. It is also helping to bring about financial inclusion by widening the scope and reach of credit and other services for those who need them most.
The registration procedure for the pmjay card download is effortless, offering thousands of benefits for the lower section or the poor people of the Indian population. The PMJAY card is also know as Ayushman Bharat Health Card. Most of India’s poor population needs help getting proper treatment from the government and private healthcare departments due to the non-availability of funds.
However, with this government-aided scheme, every family enrolled under it will receive up to 5 lakh rupees for their treatments, irrespective of the age, gender, and size of the family. But the finance and the expenditures covered under the PMJAY scheme is entirely on a roaster basis. So, if you want to avail yourself of the benefits of the PM-JAY scheme, you must enrol yourself soon and get the benefits once you require a medical emergency.