Where do Word documents go when deleted?
When you are using Microsoft Word to create and edit word files, many features and functions will help you and offer a good user experience. No doubt it is prevailing all around the world.
For instance, the AutoSave feature facilitates users to get back their edited contents when unexpected accidents occur.
But, human errors like accidental or intentional deletion are inevitable.
Some users will regularly remove some unwanted Word files to free up space and make the disk tidy and well-organized. Unluckily, they might delete the wrong one, or find it still useful and important after deletion.
Here comes the question, where do those Word documents go after deletion?
Generally, they will be tagged as “deleted”, and moved to the Recycle Bin on your desktop, giving you a second chance to decide whether to keep them.
Then how about those Word files disappeared after deletion? Why are the removed Word docs not in the Recycle Bin?
Why is my deleted Word document not in the recycle bin?
Many possible reasons can lead to this situation.
· The Recycle Bin was emptied.
· You have removed the Word docs from the bin again.
· The Word documents were deleted by the “Shift Delete” key.
· The Word files were removed from an external device, e.g., a USB flash drive.
In a nutshell, if you discover that they were not in the trash bin, it means that the Word files have already been permanently deleted.
And you won’t be able to recover them easily on your own without the help of a professional data rescue tool.
How to recover deleted Word documents?
How to recover deleted document in Word? Sagacious users will choose to seek help from a reliable tool to save their time and labor.
You could find seas of data recovery apps, but seldom meet one that can keep the original file format, filename, folder structure, and quality during data recovery. With AOMEI Data Recovery for Windows, it will be extremely easy.
As a professional Windows data recovery utility, it can help you recover deleted Word documents even if you are not tech-savvy and not familiar with any data recovery knowledge.
· Using this app, your deleted Word files will be recovered with the original filename, formats, directory, and quality intact.
· You could use it to restore over 200 types of data, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint files, photos, videos, etc.
· Also, it searches data very quickly from your internal/external HDD/SSD/USB/SD card.
· Specially designed for Windows users, it is available for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Server.
An easy guide for the Word file recovery process is ready below.
1. Run the software > select the affected disk which contains the deleted Word documents > click Start Scan.
2. Files could be sorted with modified date, size, path, type, etc. If you can still remember the filename, you could search for files in the search box.
3. Go to the file location where you deleted the Word file > choose your Word documents > click Recover x files. If no wanted files were found, please go to Other missing files > Documents > Word > see if your files are there.
With an easy and intuitive user interface, you will have no problem using this software to search for the Word docs you need.
Wrap things up
Using a useful tool will be really convenient and efficient when you cannot retrieve data on your own.
The software and method introduced in this post can save your time and help you solve the problem of “how to recover deleted Word documents” in a short time.
All Windows users might as well try this app and free themselves from data loss troubles in the future.
In addition, you will also get help if you need to perform an iPhone data recovery process.
No matter whether you are using which iOS device, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, etc., and which iOS software your phone has installed, from iOS10.0 to iOS 15, detailed guide and troubleshooting methods are offered to assist you.