If you are a kid or just a casual Microsoft Paint app user then you know how limited it is in terms of functions. And many time when we are drawing multiple paintings on Windows Paint app; we may need to move one drawn element of a picture to other picture without background. And really it is a cumbersome task, especially in a Paint app. Nevertheless, we have not much great but a simple solution to perform this task.
Here we show how in MS-Paint we can remove the background of an element; so you only have the element of your choice to work with.
Make Background Transparent in Windows Paint app
Here we are giving a simple example of copying a Shape from the Paint without background and pasting of the same on other picture. However, make background transparent feature of the Paint app has its own limitation. Better to use Paint 3D instead, here is the tutorial on that.
- On Window open the Paint application and draw any shape in the white space of it. Or open some existing drawing image in Paint.
- In the toolbar, click on the Select > Transparent Selection button in the “Image” area.
- Now go to the picture or object that background you want to make transparent. Click and drag to draw a rectangle around your shape to create the selection.
- Press the keyboard shortcut [ Ctrl ] + [ C ] to copy the selection to the clipboard.
- Now open another Paint window and open new & black paint Canvas or import the picture over which you want to paste the transparent copied object. After that press the key combination [ Ctrl ] + [ V ] to insert the selection without background.
- In our example above, we opened a new Paint window, imported a picture and simply pasted the copied shaped without any white background elements. Note: You can move and place the copied image as long as the selection still exists (dashed line around the object), once you click anywhere else on the background image where you have pasted the object, the transparent background shape or image will fix there only.
Sometimes you need to make your image background transparent no matter for entertainment or business reasons. The benefits of using a transparent background are countless. You can add multiple backgrounds on your photo to make it more attractive. Or make a logo with transparent background as your brand for business purposes in the meantime prevent fake products. No need to worry if you are not an expert in photo editing.