When you buy a brand new Netgear wifi extender, it comes with a setup manual. This Netgear EX5000 Manual is organized as a series of setup procedures from start to finish.. All you have to do is follow these Netgear EX5000 Setup instructions andYour extender will be operational in minutes.. Regular users, on the other hand, will have a difficult time understanding these Netgear EX5000 Setup instructions. Contacting our professional technicians is the ideal approach to easily install your Netgear WiFi extender. They will walk you through the entire procedure and ensure that your extender is properly setup.
Here are the steps for Netgear EX5000 setup:
- Plug in your Netgear EX5000 and turn it on.
- Make sure that your AC1200 should be placed near the router.
- Wait for some seconds until the power LED becomes solid green.
- Open any internet browser of your choice and navigate to www.mywifiext.net.
- The netgear smart setup wizard can be seen on the screen.
- Follow the on screen instructions to connect your AC1200.
- Now you can place your EX5000 at your best location.
That’s how you can setup your Netgear EX5000 AC1200
Netgear EX5000 WPS setup.
Let’s start with the simplest and quickest way to install your Netgear wifi extender, which is the wireless protected setup (WPS). The Netgear EX5000 WPS setup takes less than two minutes. In this operation, you will only need to push a small WPS button on the side panel of your AC1200.
For Netgear EX5000 WPS setup follow the steps below:
- Make sure your EX5000 is turned on.
- The booster should be installed close to the existing router.
- When the power LED goes solid green, you’re ready to go.
- Locate and push the WPS button on the AC1200.
- Also, on the ordinary wifi device, push the WPS button.
- Wait for your booster’s LEDs to turn solid green.
- The installation procedure is now complete.
That’s how we can complete the Netgear EX5000 setup in a matter of minutes using wireless protected setup (WPS). In the next blog, we’ll go over how to update the firmware on your wifi range extender.
Netgear EX5000 firmware update
Firmware update refers to the process of installing the most recent version of the firmware file, which includes new security features and other new features provided by Netgear from time to time. After you do the Netgear EX5000 firmware update, you will be able to solve faults and improve the performance of your AC1200.
For Netgear EX5000 firmware update go through these steps:
- Switch on your Netgear EX5000.
- Take out any wifi-enabled smart device.
- Navigate to mywifiext.net using any web browser.
- Log in to your Netgear EX5000 by entering your customized information.
- Tap on the firmware upgrade after opening the settings menu.
- While the update is running, do not disconnect your AC1200.
That is how you may upgrade your extender’s firmware to the most recent version and improve its performance. The factory reset procedure will be covered in the following blog.
How to reset Netgear EX5000?
When a user forgets his or her password and wishes to recover it, the process of factory reset is supposed to be followed in the majority of cases.. To reset the Netgear EX5000, you must have a paperclip or toothpick on hand. After you execute the factory reset, it will immediately wipe all of your personal information, such as your password, username, and SSID, and prepare your extender for the fresh configuration procedure.
The following are the tips to reset the Netgear EX5000::
- Connect your Netgear EX5000 to a power outlet.
- Take a sharp-pointed object, such a paperclip or a toothpick.
- Locate the factory reset button and press it with a toothpick for 8-10 seconds.
- It will automatically reboot within a minute and is now ready for the fresh setup process.
That concludes the Netgear EX5000 reset procedure. If you need help with any of the steps, please contact us via our toll-free hotline or live chat. Our professionals are always ready to help you at any moment.