A person who lives in India can apply for an Aadhaar, which is a unique 12-digit ID code issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Anyone can sign up to receive an Aadhaar, regardless of age or gender. During the enrolment process, Aadhaar collects two crucial pieces of information on the applicant’s biometric data and demographic, and it is completely free.
Aadhaar applications and receipts are one-time processes that are available for the duration of the applicant’s life. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) periodically advises users to review their Aadhaar data and submit requests for revisions if any updates are necessary.
Aadhaar is an important part of our daily life. Official purposes require the 12-digit unique identification for several formal requests. Aadhaar is an important source for any individual to identify themselves. Individuals can make efficient and effective use of Aadhaar by using it as ID proof while securely opening up a fresh bank account, opting for a driver’s license, or availing a new internet connection for their home. An Aadhaar card verification is carried out by most employers while evaluating a candidate’s profile for a job.
To access all online services associated with Aadhaar, the Indian government has mandated that mobile numbers be registered with Aadhaar. Read on to learn how to change mobile number in Aadhaar.
Here, we will discuss how to change the mobile number in Aadhaar.
To avail of Aadhaar services online, a registered mobile number is mandatory. The number earlier used while enrolling for an Aadhaar card or the newest Aadhaar detail update can be used for authentication.
You can, without problems, alter or upload a new mobile phone number on the Aadhaar card now that the UIDAI portal has greater functionality. By giving Aadhaar holders a choice to replace or update their phone numbers online or offline, UIDAI has streamlined the procedure.
A key service offered by UIDAI is the verification of the Aadhaar mobile phone number, with the help of which verification of your contact number is possible. The crucial note to keep in mind is that before checking your contact number, the same has to be registered in your Aadhaar records. On the following: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile.
The following steps show how to change the mobile number in Aadhaar with OTP:
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ website of UIDAI.
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ on the home page and select ‘Aadhaar services.’ Then select ‘Verify Email/Mobile number.’
- Carefully enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the slot given.
- Type your contact number into the space given
- Type the captcha in the appropriate areas after entering the phone number you want to update to complete the verification process.
- Click on ‘Send OTP,’ and an OTP is sent to your registered phone number.
- Once the OTP is received, enter the OTP in the space given and click on submit and verify.
- You will get the confirmation ‘The contact is successfully verified’ if the authentication is successful.
The following steps show how to change the contact number in Aadhaar offline (without OTP):
You can follow the steps below if you don’t have your registered contact or if you wish to make an addition or update a different contact of yours:
- Visit the following portal: https://uidai.gov.in/ website of UIDAI.
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ on the home page.
- Click on ‘Aadhaar services.’
- Carefully enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the slot given or a 16-digit UID or a Virtual Identification Number, or a 28–digit Enrolment ID.
- Enter the code of security, i.e., captcha, in the appropriate area and verify.
- Click on the checkbox ‘If you do not have a registered contact, please check in the box.’
- Fill in your New/Non-Registered or alternate phone number.
- Click on the option to ‘Send OTP.’
- Click on a checkbox stating the Terms and Conditions.
- Once the OTP is received, enter the OTP in the space given.
- Click on the Submit key to complete OTP verification or the TOTP verification.
- Click on the option on the next page. Your new updated Aadhaar details shall be shown on the screen for you to check. Verify before placing the order for the reprint.
- Select the Make Payment option. Post which user will be redirected to the Payment Gateway of the UIDAI web portal.
- Select the mode of payment and stay on the page until the payment is complete.
- Once the payment is made, an e-receipt would be generated with your digital sign, and you can download the same in PDF format. An SRN will be sent through SMS to your mobile phone.
- By clicking on ‘Check Aadhaar Card Status’ in Aadhaar services on the home page of UIDAI, you can check and track the status of the SRN till the dispatch of the Aadhaar letter.
- Once the Aadhaar letter is sent from the Department of Post, you will get an SMS with the AWB number.
- The delivery status of your Aadhaar card can also be tracked by visiting the official web portal of DoP.
You must go to the closest Aadhaar Card centre to change the registered mobile number in your Aadhaarif you have misplaced it or no longer have the same phone that was used to register for your Aadhaar. You won’t be able to make an addition or update your registered contact number, in this case, by email or the official website.
Points to keep in mind when changing the registered mobile number on the Aadhaar card without an OTP:
- You must register the contact number with the Aadhaar card to change your registered mobile number on an Aadhaar card.
- Verify the registered contact by visiting the UIDAI website after registration of your contact.
- The OTP verifications are sent specifically to the registered contact as the facilities provided by UIDAI are online.
- Service carriers perform the verification technique via your Aadhaar.
Further, you’ll want your registered contact, as OTPs are delivered only to the Aadhaar registered contact to finish the transaction.
- It’s crucial to ensure that the appropriate/valid beneficiary is getting the due benefit/advantages and no incorrect/fake/fraudulent identity is misusing the same.
- It is always advisable to change the mobile phone number in your Aadhaar records as the OTP shall be sent only to the registered contact and play a vital role in several situations where Aadhaar verification through OTP shall be required, also updating of the newest contact with the Aadhaar database will help you complete all the necessary e-KYC procedure.