A Ford truck VIN decoder is an excellent tool that you can rely on to know or unveil the historical record of any Ford vehicle that you intend to buy. Gone are the days where people would just visit a car dealer and place an order to purchase a Ford vehicle without doing their own due diligence to know the true situation of the vehicle. These days, especially those that are internet savvy, before they make any attempt to purchase a Ford truck they will use the Ford truck VIN number to decode or unveil all the relevant details or data that are associated with the Ford truck.
With the information that you will get using a VIN decoder, you can then decide whether to proceed with the purchase of the Ford truck or not. So, if you’re looking to buy a second-hand Ford truck, you need to be abreast with how a Ford VIN decoder works and how you can use it to check the vehicle you intend to buy to avoid buying a damaged or a stolen vehicle.
Some of the information that a Ford truck VIN decoder delivers, include the vehicle production year, body type, engine specification, and the vehicle serial number. So, read on to find out how you can decode your ford truck VIN number.
Where Can I Find My Ford Vin?
To proceed with a Ford F150 VIN decoder lookup, you need the vehicle’s VIN number. In their wisdom, the Ford truck manufacturer printed the numbers in strategic places for car owners to easily sight without going over the board. The locations you can find your Ford truck VIN number, include:
- On a plate secured to an area on the chassis;
- The transmission housing;
- The dashboard near the base of the windscreen (driver’s side);
- At the base of the windshield;
- In the doorjamb;
- The left-center pillar.
- On the inside frame or jamb of the driver-side front door;
What does a Ford VIN Contain?
When you get a Ford VIN number from your Ford truck, one question that beginners usually ask is what they can use the number to achieve. There are so many things you can use your ford VIN number to achieve. For instance, when you approach a car dealer to purchase a second-hand Ford truck, it is important to verify the status of the truck before you make any payment. This will save you from the stress of purchasing a stolen vehicle or a vehicle that has been involved in an accident.
So, to answer the question that most people usually ponder with, a Ford VIN contains information like the Ford engine type, body type, country of production, manufacturer, and transmission type, and a lot more. In fact, the VIN lookup Ford will also help you find out the value of a Ford car and the serial number in seconds.
How to Decode a Ford truck VIN number?
You can decode a Ford truck VIN number in 2 ways. The first method is to use a Ford VIN decoder, while the second method is to use a format which we will explain. The advantage of using a Ford VIN decoder over the format method cannot be overemphasized. For one, it helps to check Ford vehicle data before making a payment, it also helps to verify the Ford vehicle history. Plus, you can use a Ford VIN decoder to determine whether the Ford VIN provided by a dealer is fake, clone, or original.
To decode a Ford VIN number using a VIN decoder like VinPit, here is how to go about it:
- Visit VinPit official website
- Enter Ford VIN: Enter your Ford truck VIN number the way it appears on your vehicle title;
- Search Data: Hit the “search data” button.
- Get Report: Wait for a few seconds to get your Ford VIN decoder results.
How to Decode a Ford VIN Number Using the Format Method?
Once you have your 17-digit code that is assigned to your Ford truck vehicle, you can start to decode what each character or digit represents in the string. If your Ford truck VIN number is 1FDXF46S12EC58316, decoding the number means:
- The first character in the string, which is 1, represents the manufacturing country.
- F represents the Manufacturer (Ford)
- D represents the Vehicle Type (Incomplete Vehicle)
- X represents Restraint Type
- F46 represent the Model (Ford F-Series, F-450, Regular Cab, 2WD)
- S represent Engine Type (6.8 SOHC SEFI V10; Gasoline 275HP)
- 1 represents Security Code
- 2 represents Model Year (2002)
- E represent the Plant location
- C58316 represent the Production Sequence