For generations, drinking milk is a must for kids. It is considered one of the best sources of calcium for kids. But, have you ever wondered why there is so much focus on calcium in children’s diets? Sometimes parents even choose calcium supplements toddlers to enhance growth and development.
In order to understand the value that the kids protein powder can add to the diet, let us take a look at the benefits of this mineral.
How Choosing TheBest Calcium For Kids Can Enhance Your Child’s Health
Calcium is a vital mineral that helps children immensely in their formative years. It is the primary constituent of the bones and teeth. However, the benefits of calcium are not limited to bone health.
Here are some reasons why calcium supplements toddlers are necessary for overall health and wellness:
- Better Bone and Teeth Health: The number one reason for choosing the best calcium for kids is to support the development of bones and teeth. In toddlers and teens, especially, the requirement for calcium is higher. This is because the bones are constantly developing. For this, they need maximum nutritional support. 99% of the calcium that is found in the human body is stored in the bones and teeth. Needless to say, it is necessary for the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Add that with regular visits to experts like this cosmetic dentist in chattanooga tn, and your child will surely have a strong and healthy teeth.
- It helps the muscles contract: Our muscles contract and expands to enable movement. Whenever a muscle is stimulated by the nerve, calcium is released in the body. It helps the proteins in the muscles execute the function of contraction. Every time the calcium is pumped out of the muscle, it relaxes. This is a very important function for children who have higher levels of activity.
This ability of calcium to help muscles relax is also very important for the heart. Contractions of the muscles of the heart are possible only with adequate calcium consumption.
- Vital for blood clotting: Falling down and getting cuts and scrapes is a natural part of growing up. You need to make sure that the nutrition that your child gets is good enough to support faster recovery and dealing. Did you know that calcium is one of the most important minerals when it comes to blood clotting? This is another good reason to include calcium supplements for toddlersin your little one’s diet.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, the best calcium for kids also provides a good source of this nutrient which is necessary for the production of various enzymes in the body. Proper enzyme production, as you know, is key to maintaining a healthy metabolism.
Choosing the Best Calcium For Kids
There are many options when it comes to calcium supplements for toddlers:
- Health drinks: These powders can be mixed with milk to make them more appealing. They also contain a good amount of calcium that benefits your little one.
- Chewable tablets: These are among the most commonly used calcium supplements for toddlers. They are easy to use and are easily accepted by most kids.
- Calcium-fortified foods: You get a lot of juices, cereals and other foods that are fortified with calcium. They are also among the best calcium for kids, provided you choose the right kind.
Now, with so many options available, it is often confusing to pick a product that is suitable for your child. Here are some tips that may help you:
- Opt for the most convenient calcium source: With children, you need to make sure that the food sources in their diet are easy to consume. You must also take care of your child’s preferences to ensure that he or she consumes the calcium supplementswithout any fuss. Health drinks are among the most popular choices because they can be prepared in minutes. With the various flavours that they come in, you will also be able to find something that your child will love.
- Make sure that it is appropriate for your child’s age group: Here is an important note about vitamin and mineral supplements. The dosage is crucial to ensure that your child only gets the daily recommended intake and nothing more. Overconsumption of calcium can have serious repercussions. If you are unsure about how much calcium your child needs each day, consult your paediatrician.
- Look for supplements that also contain vitamin D: Calcium consumption is useless without adequate vitamin D consumption. Vitamin D is responsible for the absorption and retention of calcium in your child’s body. You can add Vitamin D rich foods to your child’s diet. However, if you are unable to fulfil the daily required intake, choosing a supplement with Vitamin D is a good idea.
- Make sure the supplement does not contain harmful ingredients: Preservatives, sugars and additives cause a lot of damage over time. So, the best calcium for kids is one that is free from these harmful ingredients.
Are Calcium Supplements Necessary For Toddlers?
This is a question that most parents wonder about when they are choosing calcium supplements for their toddlers. Supplements are necessary if your child’s regular diet is unable to fulfil the nutritional requirements.
There are many reasons why your child may need the best calcium for kids:
- He or she is lactose intolerant. This means that one of the best sources of calcium is eliminated from your child’s diet.
- The child is a fussy eater. Therefore, it is difficult to include foods that are rich in calcium in your child’s diet.
- Calcium supplements for toddlersmay be necessary if the child is raised on a vegan diet.
- If your child already has a calcium deficiency, the only way to make up for it is with a good supplement.
- Active children need higher calcium consumption for healthy bones and joints.
The best calcium for kids ensures that your child does not have any bone-related issues in the later years of their life. Studies show that getting adequate calcium in the growing years can help children maintain good bone density even in their adulthood. With a product like Gritzo Supermilk, you have a reliable and convenient calcium supplement for toddlers. It is healthy, tasty and designed for different age groups.