Microsoft has introduced the SharePoint platform to build a website with multiple templates and web parts to expand the basic functionalities. The SharePoint data view web partsare segmental component building blocks of sites.
The set of adjustable scripts in the web interface can be created and modified in SharePoint. It is effortless to customize content and layout for better workflow.
What are the SharePoint web parts for data?
Working in a collaborative environment means you have to deal with plenty of files and documents to manage. Also, users must have access to it around the clock, making it crucial to have a tool like SharePoint.
There are the right tools to handle document management and collaboration services that take the business to the next level. This is where the SharePoint Data View Web Partcomes into action. It helps to build a data visualization using various sources and methods.
The web part is used to display the information as:
- List Views: This helps to show the request list view in a highly customized format and helps to connect with the users through remote lists.
- Aggregate Data: There is professional editing. You get an opportunity to aggregate the items in your SharePoint site with a great layout.
It also enables visualization and display of information from the library or list on the SharePoint site. The data view web part helps to visualize the data that comes from many other sources like Excel files, SQL databases, or other document management systems.
How to use the SharePoint Data View web part smartly?
There are some things to remember while dealing with SharePoint features and functionalities. Let us look at the tips:
- Make the visualization simple and focused
- Avoid adding too much information at the same interval
- Ensure that your SharePoint tools are updated to the latest version
- Make sure you have the latest features and customizations
- Use data discovery tools for better user-experience
- Ensure that users can identify the data effortlessly
How can you build a SharePoint Data View Web Part?
The Microsoft Team tool helps unlock great benefits, but you need to unlock the SharePoint tools to deal with better insights. The process you to follow are:
- Open the SharePoint site in the SharePoint designer
- Build a web part page. Assign a name and click on OK to confirm
- Click on the web part created and then Edit File to open it
- Once the File is opened, click on the Code-View-Tools tab
- Click on parse HTML in the code editor options
- Search for Web-Part-Zone and open it.
- Click on the Data view icon, and you will be able to see the XSLT List View Web Part
- In the XSLT List View Web Part, you can view the Data View tab. Users can now add columns, set paging, view data source details, and edit everything in the Web Part.
- In case you want to edit the XSLT section, redirect to the Design tab and click on Customize-Entire-View to perform editing
- Once you have built the data view part, Click on Preview to look at the changes
- Users can always go back to the SharePoint designer and make changes before saving the document
- After you are done with the modifications, save the page
What are the core features of SharePoint Data Viewer?
1. Powerful data views for SharePoint
This tool enables business users to create data views using SharePoint sites to manage data efficiently. The business’s key information is highlighted using conditional formatting that allows users to spot critical issues.
2. Update and Remove
Businesses get an option to handle external information. Users require permissions to make necessary updates, add rows, and remove rows from the data source. The information is linked dynamically, which allows instant updates.
3. SharePoint Chart
There are lightning tools that can be connected with the Web Part connections. Users can easily create charts to bring business dashboards in SharePoint depending on the external data sources without any coding requirement.
4. Multiple data sources
SharePoint has great tools to create views of information from external data sources and edit, delete, and insert data. Users have the freedom to configure the data viewer web part effortlessly.
5. Create Powerful Views
The grid view of the web part is configured after a secure connection is made. Check the columns from the external data resources that must be displayed, and grouping, provide column alias, alignment, and formatting. Using the sorting, conditional formatting, and aggregate functions are some features that are applied using Data View plus App.
What are the different categories of SharePoint web parts?
As Microsoft SharePoint helps automate the business processes, enhance collaboration, and connect employees, it is sorted using various purposes:
- List and Libraries: It possesses the library’s name or identity or list of information. Every web part or site helps to display the same information in a customized method for a better user experience.
- Media and Content: They are essential to display page images, texts, and videos. Like the content, the editor is used to adding hyperlinks and tables, and adding formatted texts on the page.
- Content Rollup: It highlights the content on the web pages. Like the Content Query, a Web Page is used to query content from any Web Part section.
- Business Information: This helps to display data and information from some of the external databases.
TheSharePoint Data View Web Parthelps to provide a personalized web part. Users require authorization to modify or remove data which provides a secure environment. You can bring better returns for the business with the right skills and knowledge.