So you’ve been driving around your 2017 Ford F150 for a few years now and while you still love it, you’re starting to notice those factory-installed fog lights are looking a little dim. It’s time for an upgrade, my friend, and LED is the way to go. Those harsh halogen bulbs Ford stuck in there are no match for the bright, crisp light of LEDs. Not only will LED fog lights transform the look of your F150, allowing you to see the road ahead with the clarity of daylight, but they’ll also last way longer than your stock bulbs. The best part is you don’t have to pay a mechanic a ton of money to install fancy new fog lights. With a few basic tools and a little DIY spirit, you can easily install a set of 880 LED fog light bulbs yourself in under an hour. Brighter, whiter light, a custom look, and more cash in your wallet—what more could you want in an upgrade? Read on to find out how quick and easy it is to install eye-catching 880 LED fog light bulbs in your F150.
Why Upgrade Your 2017 Ford F150 Fog Lights to 880 LED Bulbs?
There are a few reasons why upgrading your 2017 Ford F150 stock fog lights to ultra-bright 880 LED bulbs is a great idea.
- LEDs last much longer. 880 LED bulbs can last up to 30 times longer than standard halogens, giving you up to 30,000 hours of use. That means you’ll likely never have to replace them again.
- LEDs are more energy efficient. 880 LED fog light bulb draw less power while producing brighter light. This means less drain on your truck’s electrical system and battery.
- LEDs produce a brighter, whiter light. 880 LED bulbs put out a brilliant white light that illuminates the road ahead more clearly. The light they emit is also a pure white, not the yellow tint of standard halogens. This helps improve visibility and makes nighttime driving safer.
- LEDs are more durable and impact-resistant. 880 LED bulbs have no fragile filaments or moving parts, so they’re better able to withstand vibrations and impacts. You’ll never have to worry about them burning out from normal driving conditions.
By upgrading to ultra-bright 880 LED fog light bulbs in your 2017 Ford F150, you’ll get a lighting solution that’s brighter, longer-lasting, and more energy efficient. The only downside is you may never want to go back to standard halogens again! Make the switch and see the road ahead in a whole new light.
Top 880 LED Fog Light Options for Your 2017 Ford F150
Upgrading your fog lights is an easy way to improve visibility and safety. Here are some of the top LED fog light options for your 2017 Ford F150:
1. SOLARBIRD LED Fog Lights
These plug-and-play LED fog lights by SOLARBIRD are a popular, affordable choice. At 3,000 lumens, they’ll cut through fog and darkness. Installation only takes about 30 minutes. For under $50, they offer a solid upgrade over stock halogens.
2. LED Lighting Modz
For a premium LED fog light option at 2,600 lumens, LED Lighting Modz are a great pick. They’re built to last over 50,000 hours and come with a limited lifetime warranty. At around $100, they do cost more but provide high quality, super-bright light.
3. Auxbeam LED Fog Lights
Rated at 3,000 lumens, the Auxbeam LED fog lights provide a nice boost in visibility at a reasonable price (around $60). They have an adjustable beam pattern so you can focus the light where you need it. Auxbeam is a reputable brand that offers a 2-year warranty.
4. Alla Lighting
Alla Lighting makes a popular 2,800-lumen LED fog light replacement kit for around $50 that provides a clean white light and has good construction quality. They’re easy to install and are a highly-rated, cost-effective option to improve your nighttime visibility and driving safety.
Upgrading to LED fog lights in your 2017 Ford F150 is an simple way to gain brighter, whiter light with a longer lifespan. With options at various price points, you can choose an affordable solution or invest in a premium kit—either way, you’ll be seeing more clearly and driving more confidently.
What is 2017 ford f150 fog lights?
The 2017 ford f150 fog lights, like many other vehicles, can be equipped with fog lights as an optional or standard feature. Fog lights are additional auxiliary lights installed in the front bumper or lower grille area of the vehicle. These lights are designed to provide improved visibility in foggy or low-visibility conditions, such as rain, snow, fog, or dust. They emit a low, wide beam of light that is positioned closer to the ground compared to the vehicle’s standard headlights.
Fog lights are not typically used as a replacement for the regular headlights but rather as supplementary lighting to illuminate the road immediately in front of the vehicle and reduce the glare and reflection created by the fog or other adverse weather conditions.
The availability of fog lights in a 2017 Ford F-150 may depend on the trim level and options chosen when purchasing the vehicle. Some trims may come standard with fog lights, while others may offer them as an optional feature. If you have a 2017 Ford F-150 and are interested in fog lights, you should check the specific trim level and equipment options for your vehicle or consult your local Ford dealership for information on adding or upgrading fog lights to your truck.
How to Install New 880 LED Fog Lights in Your 2017 Ford F150
Upgrading your stock halogen fog lights to LEDs is an easy DIY project for your 2017 Ford F150 that can make a big difference. LEDs last much longer, are more energy efficient, and provide a brighter, whiter light that can improve visibility and your safety at night or in bad weather.
To install 880 LED fog light bulbs in your 2017 Ford F150:
- Park your truck on a level surface and turn off the engine. Allow the fog lights and engine bay to cool completely to avoid burns.
- Locate the fog light housings in the front bumper. You may need to remove the grille or access panels to reach them. Consult your owner’s manual for specific directions to remove any necessary trim pieces.
- Disconnect the power to the fog light by unplugging the wiring harness from the back of each housing.
- Remove the mounting screws or bolts that secure the halogen fog light bulb in place. Pull out the old halogen bulb from the housing.
- Match the new 880 LED fog light bulb to the halogen bulb you removed to ensure the same socket type and size. The most common types are H11 and 9145.
- Install the new 880 LED fog light bulbs into the housings and secure in place with the mounting screws.
- Reconnect the wiring harness to the new LED fog light bulbs.
- Test the new fog lights to ensure they are working properly before reinstalling any trim pieces you removed.
- Put tools away and you’re done! Your 2017 Ford F150 now has bright, long-lasting 880 LED fog lights to help light your way.
Upgrading to LED fog lights is an easy and affordable way to customize and improve your F150. The whiter, brighter light can make nighttime and low visibility driving safer by illuminating more of the road. And the energy efficiency and long lifespan of LEDs means you’ll likely never have to change your fog light bulbs again!
Black Friday discounts: https://flasharkracing.com/collections/black-friday-sale
At the end of the day, you want to be able to see and be seen whenever you’re driving your F150, day or night. Upgrading to bright, energy efficient LED fog lights is an easy and affordable way to increase your visibility and safety. The 880 LED bulbs provide a stylish upgrade that emits a bright white light to cut through rain, snow and darkness. They’re also easy to install yourself to save money on labor costs. For around $50, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing you have premium fog lights designed specifically for your F150. See the difference for yourself – your visibility and confidence behind the wheel will get a boost, and you’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch to LEDs sooner.