Your air conditioner unit cools your home by removing existing moisture and heat. The system works by taking warm air in and dispersing cold air. Air conditioners sometimes have to work hard to keep indoor air comfortable. To keep your air conditioner running effectively, you can regularly hire an air conditioning service.
FAQ About Servicing an Air Conditioner
As a homeowner, you may have some questions about air conditioner servicing. The following consist of a few questions that many people ask about this topic:
How Often Should You Replace the Air Filter?
Replacing your AC filter helps to keep the air inside your house clean and free of contaminants. It also ensures adequate airflow and prevents your system from overheating.
A professional can check your standard air filter every other month and replace it after 1-3 months. If you have a high-efficiency filter, you can replace it after a year. You can wash and reuse certain filters.
What Does Air Conditioner Servicing Entail?
Replacing your AC filter is only one of the maintenance practices experts undertake. A professional will also undertake the following maintenance tasks:
- Check the refrigerant charge.
- Check if the ductwork is damaged or has leaks.
- Balance and clean the blower wheel.
- Check system airflow.
- Clean the condensate pimp and drain line.
- Inspect the relays for any damage.
- Check and tighten all electrical connections.
- Inspect and clean the condenser and evaporator coils.
- Measure temperature drop.
- Oil the motors.
How Can I Benefit From Regular AC Maintenance?
Most experts recommend hiring VIP Home Care maintenance services once or twice a year. You may be tempted to ignore regular tune-ups if your AC works properly. Maintaining your AC comes with benefits such as:
- Enhanced indoor air quality and home comfort.
- Lower energy bills.
- Peace of mind.
- Reduced air conditioner repair costs.
- Fewer emergency breakdowns.
- Extended equipment lifespan.
How Can I Make Sure My AC Lasts Longer?
Having a professional inspect and service your unit regularly is the best way to prolong your unit’s life. You can do the following things to prevent costly repairs:
- Install a programmable thermostat to prevent usage of the system when not required.
- Use shades and blinds on south- and west-facing windows to prevent the entry of heat during hot seasons.
- When installing carpeting and arranging furniture layout, ensure ductwork and air grills are not blocked.
- Prevent accumulation of debris and leaves near your outdoor AC unit. Keeping the outdoor environment clean prevents the accumulation of dust in your system.
How Can I Save on Energy Costs?
Your HVAC system contributes to around 50 to 80% of your total energy consumption. The following are ways you can reduce energy usage:
- Hire professionals to clean and tune up your system. Dirty and damaged units work harder and use more energy.
- Install economizers, which gauge the air outside to determine when the air is cool and dry to offer comfortable conditions inside.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Upgrade your system to modern energy-efficient systems.
Does Servicing Replace Repairs?
Servicing your system regularly can help address issues that could eventually turn into repairs. Although servicing doesn’t prevent the need for repair services, it can help increase the time span between visits.
How Can I Tell if My Unit Is Working Correctly?
If your house is cool and your system doesn’t produce unusual sounds, you can tell it’s working correctly. You can do the following to ascertain that your AC is working efficiently:
- Check if the drain line has ice (a sign that the refrigerant is leaking).
- In case of service interruption, check the circuit.
- Inspect your air filter for grime and dirt.
What Does Duct Cleaning Entail?
Duct cleaning involves cleaning the different parts of HVAC forced air systems. These systems include the air handling unit, fan housing, fan motor, coils, heat exchangers, grilles and diffusers, registers, and air ducts. If these parts aren’t appropriately maintained, debris, pollen, and dust may accumulate.
Get the Best Air Conditioning Service NowThe best air conditioner service providers deliver reliable and quality service to ensure you enjoy comfort in your home. They have state-of-the-art equipment and an experienced service team to ensure they offer you quick and effective air conditioning services. Service your AC unit today to help prevent unnecessary energy usage or breakdowns.