There’s no doubt that air travel can be a drag. Between long lines, cramped quarters, and uncomfortable seats, it can be difficult to get through the day without feeling tired. And if you’re anything like us, you love to eat your way through the trip. But what happens when you’re stuck on a plane for hours on end with nothing but snacks? Aren’t there better ways to fuel your body than airplane food? Fortunately, there are plenty of delicious airfood recipes that will keep you fueled throughout the day. From breakfast items to main dishes, these 5 recipes will have you energized and happy all while avoiding pesky airport food prices. So go ahead and give them a try—you won’t regret it!
Avocado Toast with Shiitake Mushrooms
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious airfood recipe or snack, avocado toast is perfect! Here are some ideas for making your own:
1. Start with a simple avocado toast. Simply spread an evenly layer of avocado on bread and top with your favorite toppings, like shiitake mushrooms or diced tomatoes.
2. Try a more adventurous avocado toast recipe. For example, scramble up some eggs and add them to the avocado before topping with your choice of meat or veggies.
3. If you’re feeling ambitious, make an avocado toast bowl. Spread out a layer of avocado on top of some rice or quinoa, then top with whatever ingredients you want (including more avocados!).
4. Finally, if you want something lighter but still delicious, go with an avocado toast wrap. Just spread out an even layer of avocado on a piece of whole grain wrap and top with your favorite protein (like grilled chicken slices), fresh vegetables, and salsa or hummus.
2. Zucchini Noodle Bowtie Pasta with Garlic and Herb Sauce
Looking for a delicious, easy-to-make pasta dish that will keep you fueled throughout the day? Try this zucchini noodle bowtie pasta with garlic and herb sauce!
This dish is perfect for busy days when you don’t have time to spend in the kitchen cooking. All you need is a few simple ingredients and 20 minutes of your time to make it.
First, prepare the noodles according to the package instructions. Once they are cooked, drain them and set them aside.
Meanwhile, heat up the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Then add in the zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes until they are tender.
To finish the dish, stir in the cooked noodles and then top with a spoonful of garlicky herb sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
3. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Browned Butter and Sage
This roasted butternut squash soup with browned butter and sage is a delicious and warming winter soup. The natural sweetness of the butternut squash combined with the richness of the cream and butter create a memorable taste experience. The addition of sage gives this soup an aromatic depth that makes it perfect for autumn or winter.
To make this soup, start by cutting the butternut squash into small cubes and roasting them in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until they are soft and slightly charred on the outside. Once they are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool down so you can prepare the rest of the ingredients.
In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt. Once melted, add ¾ cup of flour to the pan and stir constantly until you have a thick roux. Then slowly add 2 cups of chicken broth while whisking constantly until everything is fully combined. Add in the roasted butternut squash cubes, chopped onion, thyme leaves, salt, pepper, and pumpkin puree (if using) to the pan and bring everything to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until everything is fully cooked through.
Once finished cooking, remove from heat and let it cool down for a few minutes before serving. To finish off this flavorful soup, add 1 tablespoon of browned butter to each bowl before serving. Garnish each bowl with fresh thyme leaves if desired before serving hot!
4. Crispy Chicken Thighs with Honey Mustard dipping sauce
Looking for a delicious and easy meal that you can whip up in a hurry? lookout, here comes airfood recipes. Today we are featuring some crispy chicken thighs with honey mustard dipping sauce. This dish is perfect for any time of day and is sure to please anyone in the family.
To make this recipe, start by heating some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken thighs and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from the skillet and set aside.
Next, add the honey to the skillet and stir until well combined. Then return the chicken to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
5. Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Soup
Grilled cheese sandwiches are the perfect lunch or dinner option. They’re easy to make and can be filled with a variety of different toppings. One of our favorite grilled cheese recipes is grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. This dish is simple but delicious, and it’s a great way to use up leftover tomato soup.
To make this grilled cheese sandwich, you’ll need bread, butter, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and eggs. To make the tomato soup, you’ll need diced tomatoes, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and milk. First, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Then add the onions and cook until they’re soft. Add the garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Next add the diced tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before using in the grilled cheese sandwich recipe below.
To Assemble The Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
1) Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the buttered sides together in a single stack on a baking sheet (if your grill doesn’t have enough room to fit both slices of bread at once). Sprinkle each stack with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese (if desired). Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl until well beaten