If you’re new to wearing wigs, it can feel completely intimidating. How do you apply it? How do you make it in place? How do you make a wig natural? These are all good questions and we’re here to answer them, so you’ll feel confident every time you walk out the door.
Tip 1: Purchase the wig that fits your head
Measure your head before investing in affordable human hair wigs. While many wigs have adjustable straps, some wigs come in different sizes. In this case, it’s helpful to have your measurements handy to get the best fit. Here are some steps to measure your head with a cloth measuring tape:
1) Measure from the hairline on your forehead to the nape of your neck.
2) Measure from ear to ear across the top of your head and across your forehead hairline.
3) Measure the nape at the base of the hairline.
4) Measure the back of your head from temple to temple.
5) Measure the circumference, wrap the tape from the forehead, behind the ears and around the neck.
Tip 2: Pluck your wig
Want to know how to make a front wig look real? Attach the hair to the wig section and hairline. Here’s the thing about wigs: They can be thick and unnatural around the hairline. Look at where your natural hairline and your hair are parted. You can usually see some scalp as the hair grows closer to the hairline. Breaking the hair gives a natural look.
To pluck, grab your tweezers and place the wig on your head or a mannequin head. You don’t need to install it completely. Wearing it will help you see where you need to break in relation to your natural hairline.
1) Start at the hairline near your ear and pull the hair away from your face, towards the back of your head, being careful not to tangle the strands.
2) Space the plucking so that it is not too close together. For reference, consider the distance between teeth on a wide-toothed comb.
3) Fold the hair so that there is no obvious line where the lace starts. There should be a gradual effect, so the hair goes from less dense around the hairline to full coverage.
4) If the hair on that part is too thick (and the part won’t change), lightly comb to create a more natural looking part.
Tip 3: Cut the lace to fit your face shape
A simple tip to give the wig a realistic look is to cut the laces while the unit is on your head. Why? Lace wigs come with extra laces that cover your forehead so you can easily place and secure the unit. You will cut off the excess lace before securing the wig.
To look like your natural hair, put a wig on your head and follow these steps:
1) Trim the hair back away from your forehead so you can clearly see your hairline.
2) Adjust the unit until it is positioned where you want to store it later.
3) Make your first cut in the center of your forehead towards the hairline, making sure not to cut any of the baby hair you want to keep.
4) When you cut along the hairline, avoid doing so in a straight line.
5) Trim the ear tab, trim the excess hair and lace. Be sure to stay close to the ears for the most natural look.
Tip 4: Blending is bliss
Makeup over a wig? Yes, if you want to know how to make a wig natural, this simple step is a game changer. Using the powder and concealer you already have, lightly brush along the hairline and part. You can then gently dab or dab the concealer into the lace to achieve a more natural-looking hairline with a makeup brush or even your fingers. This will blend the lace with your skin tone for a more natural look and hide harsh edges.
Tip 5: Flatten your natural hair
Knowing how to make a wig look real starts before you wear it. It is very important but this step may seem obvious. The smoother your natural hair, the better your wig will fit.
How you style your natural hair will vary depending on the length, density and texture of your hair. Additionally, many women choose to wear a stocking cap or other wig cap to protect their natural hair. The most common ways to prepare your natural hair to install a perfect lace front wig include:
• Low bun
Tip 6: 100% human hair, 100% natural look
All of these tips are great, but ultimately, the best tip to get a natural looking wig is to start with a 100% human hair wig. With Hurela cheap human hair wigs, you have the advantage of choosing the texture, origin & color you want. No matter which style you choose, you can keep your crown high.
You care for a human hair wig just like your natural hair. In fact, washing and brushing your wig regularly will keep it looking natural and fresh. To prolong the lifespan of a human hair wig, follow these tips:
• Place the unit on the wig head when you are not wearing it. It prevents tangling and maintains texture.
• Avoid harsh chemicals such as chlorine, hot water, and salt water.
• Be careful when using hot styling tools. Some wig textures may not take heat well.
If you’re still not sure how to style a wig natural, Hurela wants to help make your life easier. With qualifying purchases, we offer wig customization to achieve that natural look, including knot bleaching, plucking, and lace cutting. If you want a show-stopping ball, Hurela has what you need.