Are you looking for a way to protect your PDF documents from being accessed without your permission? Look no further! In this article, we will discuss three ways to encrypt PDF files for free using WPS Office. Whether you’re using WPS Office for personal or professional use, you’ll be able to quickly and easily add an extra layer of security to your documents. So, let’s get started!
1) Method One: Convert the PDF to a Password Protected MS Word Document
If you need to password-protect a PDF file, one of the easiest and most secure ways to do it is by using WPS Office. WPS Office is a free office suite that includes a variety of features, including the ability to encrypt PDF files. Here’s how to use Office to password-protect your PDFs:
- First, open the PDF file in WPS Office. You can do this by clicking on “File” in the top-left corner and then selecting “Open.” Navigate to the location of your PDF file and select it.
- Once the PDF is open, go to “File” again and select “Save As.” Select “MS Word Document (*.docx)” from the drop-down menu.
- The next step is to select a password for your document. To do this, click on “Tools” in the top-right corner and then select “Options”. On the “Security” tab, enter a strong password and then click “OK”.
- Finally, click “Save” to save the file with password protection. Your PDF is now password protected and secure!
2) Method Two: Use the Built-in PDF Password Protection Feature
For those who don’t want to convert the PDF to a Microsoft Word document, you can take advantage of the built-in PDF password protection feature in WPS Office. This is a great way to protect your PDF without having to download any extra software. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the PDF file in WPS Office.
- Click on ‘Tools’, then select ‘Security.’
- Under ‘Security,’ click on ‘Password Protect.’
- Enter the desired password and click ‘OK.’
- Save the file as a PDF, and your document is now encrypted with a password.
When opening the document, you will need to enter the correct password before being able to view it. It’s important to remember the password, as there’s no way to retrieve it if you forget. This feature is a great way to keep sensitive data secure, and WPS Office makes it easy to encrypt PDF files for free.
3) Method Three: Use a Third-Party PDF Password Protection Tool
One of the most popular third-party tools is WPS Office. It is a comprehensive office suite with powerful PDF encryption capabilities. To use WPS Office to encrypt your PDF file, follow these steps:
- Launch the WPS Office application.
- Open your PDF document in the program.
- Go to the ‘File’ tab and select ‘Protect Document’ from the dropdown menu.
- In the popup window, click on the ‘Encrypt with Password’ option.
- Enter the password you want to protect your document with and click ‘OK.’
- Your PDF will now be encrypted and protected with a password.
By using WPS Office to encrypt your PDF files, you can ensure that only those with the correct password can view them. This provides an extra layer of security for sensitive documents and helps prevent unauthorized access.
The WPS Office suite is a powerful tool that can be used to secure PDF documents with encryption. By following the three methods outlined above, you can now easily protect your PDF files without having to purchase expensive software. With these methods, you will learn how to use Office to encrypt your PDF files for free.